- Understanding the Compression Attribute of a SAS
Data Set (September 2010)
- Determine whether compression (the COMPRESS= option) is effective for your SAS data set,
and learn about the costs.
- Perl Regular Expressions
- Find out how to use Perl Regular Expressions, or regexp, to quickly
and concisely search through text, extract data from text, and search
and replace within text. This is production in SAS 9.
- Components Objects and Dot Notation (updated March 2008)
- Learn about the new DECLARE statement to create objects within the DATA step.
Hash table and Java object classes are the first two classes provided.
Hash object and iterator are production in SAS 9.1 and preproduction in SAS 9.0.
Java object is preproduction in 9.0 and 9.1.
- ODS Report Writing Interface (updated March 2009)
- This object-oriented feature for DATA _NULL_ report writing is preproduction
in SAS 9.1.3 and later. You can
build tables cell-by-cell with all your favorite ODS features,
such as proportional fonts, traffic lighting in cells, and embedded images, and you can also
create non-rectangular output, insert sub-totals, and manage your layout.
- SAS Notes for ODS and the DATA step
- These SAS Notes, FAQs, and samples are compiled by SAS R&D and Technical Support.
Tip sheets for quick reference
Archive: Versions 7 and 8
The developers, testers and documentation folk that bring you Base SAS
Software are very excited about the potential of these new capabilities of
the SAS System. You can send electronic mail to Base.Research@sas.com with your