Enterprise Management Integration
The Enterprise Management Integration focus area is organized to provide customers and partners with tips, techniques and tools to address these key areas:
- Availability Management: Optimize the SAS Intelligence Platform to assure a sustained level of availability to meet the business objectives. This includes areas such as availability of the service, reliability, maintainability, administration and serviceability.
- High-Availability: A characteristic of availability management which focuses specifically on minimizing or masking the effects of a component failure within the IT infrastructure.
- Capacity Management: Encompasses performance monitoring, performance measurement and optimizing the IT environment to ensure the SAS Intelligence Platform meets current and future capacity requirements while providing a cost effective infrastructure.
- Incident Management: The ability to detect, classify and report on incidents in the SAS Intelligence Platform such that services may be restored as quickly as possible with minimal Interruption to the business.
The SAS Intelligence Platform is a fundamental element of the IT environment and thereby must operate and integrate seamlessly into existing IT enterprise system management facilities. Therefore, the goals for these integration elements include:
- Design, develop and implement integration elements that enable SAS applications to interoperate with IT system management tools
- Performance Management and Assessment: Understanding end-to-end transaction performance and how to measure this performance
- Event Management: Assessing the status of SAS applications via logging and monitoring and implementing methods to correlate events, errors and warnings across SAS environments
- Problem Determination and Source Identification: Using correlation and logs to isolate failing components and initiate recovery as necessary
- System Administration: Automation of start, stop and restart semantics
Questions or Feedback
The Enterprise Management Integration team is very interested in establishing a close and cooperative relationship with our customers. If you have recommendations, comments, or questions about the
features and facilities which are described on this site, please email us at:
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce, and is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office