SAS® Visual Analytics
SAS Visual Analytics offers a leading business intelligence and analytics solution to visually discover relevant relationships in your data, create and share interactive reports and dashboards, and use self-service analytics to quickly assess probable outcomes and make smarter, data driven-decisions.
SAS® Visual Statistics enables you to derive predicted values from the predictive models. SAS Visual Statistics requires SAS Visual Analytics.
The reports or explorations created using SAS Visual Analytics can be shared on tablets and phones using SAS® Mobile BI or it can be shared in Microsoft Office applications using SAS® Office Analytics components.
The most recent releases for SAS® Viya are:
The most recent releases for SAS 9.4 are:
SAS Visual Analytics 8.1 for SAS Viya Released in March 2017
SAS Visual Analytics 8.1 has been completely rewritten in HTML5. It runs on SAS Viya, which is a new, high-performance in-memory architecture, to provide relevant answers to a range of business questions in a single, scalable, and governed environment.
SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 for SAS 9.4 Released in August 2015
SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 contains these updates:
- Sample tables, sample reports, and a sample exploration (if you have SAS Visual Analytics Explorer) are now available. When the samples are installed, you can access them from SAS Home (the home page).
- You can now import data from a Pivotal HAWQ database.
- For printing to PDF, SAS Visual Analytics Designer has a new option that enables you to include content that does not appear on the screen. This option enables you to print the entire content of tables, crosstabs, gauges, and containers with content that is only partially available in the layout of the report section.
- SAS Visual Analytics Viewer has a new appearance called modern, which is the default. You can use preferences to specify the default appearance of the viewer as modern or classic. The modern appearance includes a Report Refresh setting, which lets you specify how many minutes to wait between update checks.
SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.8 Released in November 2016
SAS Visual Analytics continues to be the primary solution for utilizing SAS LASR Analytic Server. The server is an in-memory analytics platform specifically designed to accelerate analytic computations. The server is available in a non-distributed configuration for deployments that do not have large data volumes. The distributed server uses a distributed computing environment and massively parallel processing for analyzing large data sets.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Here are our top suggestions for new users of SAS Visual Analytics for SAS 9.4:
- Follow a sequence of basic tasks from documentation.
- Access a collection of "How Do I?" videos.
- Get the cheat sheets.
- Sign up for the web class.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have technical questions.
Free Online Documentation
Most recent release for SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Viya
- Self-Service Import
- Data Preparation
- Designing Reports
- Working with Report Data
- Working with Report Content
- Working with SAS Visual Statistics
- Working with SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Accessibility Features
Most recent release for SAS Visual Analytics on SAS 9.4
UsageDocumentation for SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 includes documentation for SAS Visual Statistics 7.3.
- What's New in SAS Visual Analytics
- User's Guide HTML
- User's Guide (PDF) - Select language below
- Getting Started with Data on Windows PDF | HTML
- Getting Started with Data Preparation PDF | HTML
- Getting Started with Exploration and Reporting
- Getting Started with Exploration and Reporting (PDF) - Select language below
- Getting Started with Analytical Models PDF | HTML
- Example Data for Getting Started with Analytical Models (ZIP)
- One Report, Many Languages: Using SAS Visual Analytics to Localize Your Reports
- SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Cloud
- SAS Mobile BI
Administration and Deployment
- Administration Guide (PDF) - Select language below
- Installation and Configuration Guide (Non-distributed SAS LASR)
- Installation and Configuration Guide (Distributed SAS LASR)
- System Requirements for SAS Visual Analytics
- System Requirements for SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics
- SAS High-Performance Analytics Infrastructure
- SAS LASR Analytic Server
All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Visual Analytics
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Getting StartedInstructor-led online training to help you get started exploring data and creating reports.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Fast TrackExpert instructors guide you through comprehensive training, including a case study.
- Learning path for SAS Visual Analytics
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
Notes for SAS Visual Analytics
SAS Visual Analytics
- SAS Visual Analytics Reporting Demo
Learn how easy-to-use reporting in SAS Visual Analytics helps you understand where you are, and where you should go.
- SAS Visual Analytics Decision Tree Demo
Learn how decision tree algorithms in SAS Visual Analytics can help you go beyond reporting and put analytics into the hands of more users.
- SAS Visual Analytics Forecasting Demo
Learn how you can use forecasting and scenario analysis within SAS Visual Analytics to improve your digital media mix.
- SAS Visual Statistics Logistic Regression Demo
Learn how logistic regression analysis can help you better understand conversion behaviors of website visitors.
- SAS Visual Statistics Decision Tree Demo
Gain better insight on segments of your data through Decision Tree Analysis, used in both SAS Visual Statistic and SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Statistics Clustering Demo
Learn how SAS Visual Statistics can improve predictive marketing applications through the use of clustering analysis.
- Personalizing SAS Visual Analytics: A Survey of Accessibility Features
Learn how to personalize the user interface of the SAS Visual Analytics application to make the interface even easier to use.