SAS® Visual Analytics
SAS Visual Analytics enables you to gain insight from all of your data, no matter the size of your data, with no need to subset or sample the data.
On the surface, SAS Visual Analytics is an integrated suite of web applications that offers intuitive, drag-and-drop interactions, rapid, highly visual responses, and role-based access to functionality.
- Administrators prepare data sources and load them to memory.
- Analysts interactively explore, analyze, and interpret data.
- Report designers create compelling reports and dashboards.
- Report consumers view reports on their mobile devices (using native apps from SAS® Mobile BI) or on the web.
Behind the scenes, SAS® LASR Analytic Server applies analytics to big data. The server functions as an analytic platform, providing speedy, secure, multi-user access to in-memory data in a distributed computing environment. The server also handles smaller data sets and supports an alternate, single-machine configuration.
SAS Visual Statistics has been fully integrated into SAS Visual Analytics. All model building tools are now available in the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. SAS Visual Statistics enables you to derive predicted values from the predictive models. These new variables contain the prediction information for your models and can be used in other visualizations.
At the foundation, SAS Visual Analytics is built on the SAS® Intelligence Platform, which provides a robust, metadata-centric environment for a wide range of business intelligence and analysis activities.
The most recent releases are:
- SAS Visual Analytics 7.2
- SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.6
- SAS Mobile BI 7.20
- SAS Intelligence Platform 9.4
SAS Visual Analytics 7.2 Released in May 2015
SAS Visual Analytics 7.2 contains many updates, including the following:
- SAS Visual Statistics is visually and functionally integrated with SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. (SAS Visual Statistics remains a separately licensed product.)
- Derives predicted values from the predictive models
- Generates cluster identification variables
- Generates decision tree segment variables
- Decision tree visualizations include an icicle plot of the nodes in the tree.
- You can import data from Google Analytics, Facebook, and MapR. You can import a ZIP file that contains a single spreadsheet or delimited text file.
- A new report theme, SAS Snow, provides a clean, uncluttered default appearance for your reports.
- When you print a report to PDF, new options are available (for example, you can add page numbers).
- When you send a report by email, you can attach a PDF of the report.
- Calculated data items and grouped category data items can be changed into geographic data items and used in geo maps.
- In URLs that link to reports in the designer or viewer, you can include parameter-value pairs.
SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.6 Released in May 2015
SAS Visual Analytics continues to be the primary solution for utilizing SAS LASR Analytic Server. The server is an in-memory analytics platform specifically designed to accelerate analytic computations. The server is available in a non-distributed configuration for deployments that do not have large data volumes. The distributed server uses a distributed computing environment and massively parallel processing for analyzing large data sets.
This release introduces two features for distributed servers:
- On-disk encryption for SASHDAT tables.
- Support for the MapR distribution for Apache Hadoop.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Here are our top suggestions for new users of SAS Visual Analytics:
- Watch a video overview.
- Follow a sequence of basic tasks from documentation.
- Access a collection of "How Do I?" videos.
- Get the cheat sheets.
- Sign up for the web class.
- Request access to the administrative documentation site.In the subject field of the SAS Technical Support form, include SAS Visual Analytics. Provide a site number that is associated with a current license for SAS Visual Analytics. Only licensed SAS Visual Analytics customers may receive access.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have technical questions.
Free Online Documentation
- What's New HTML
- User's Guide   HTML
- User's Guide (PDF)
- Getting Started with Exploration and Reporting PDF | HTML
- Accessibility HTML
- SAS Mobile BI HTML
Administration and Deployment
indicates a password protected link. Licensed customers may request the user ID and password from SAS Technical Support.
All online documentation for supported releases of:
- SAS Visual Analytics: Steps to Successful Adoption [PDF]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
- Free Video TutorialsCollection of short video tutorials that provide training on various tasks using SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Getting StartedInstructor-led online training to help you get started exploring data and creating reports.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Fast TrackExpert instructors guide you through comprehensive training, including a case study.
- Learning path for SAS Visual Analytics
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
Notes for SAS Visual Analytics
Notes for SAS Mobile BI
SAS is producing videos to help our customers understand and experience SAS Visual Analytics.
SAS Visual Analytics
- Ask the Expert
Watch recorded Q&A sessions held in Fall 2014 on these SAS Visual Analytics topics.
- SAS Theme Designer for Flex
- SAS Visual Analytics Home Page
- SAS Visual Analytics Designer
- SAS Visual Analytics Explorer
- SAS Visual Analytics Graph Builder
- VA Architecture and Implementation
- Personalizing SAS Visual Analytics: A Survey of Accessibility Features
Learn how to personalize the user interface of the SAS Visual Analytics application to make the interface even easier to use.
- "How Do I" Video Library
This collection of free "How Do I?" videos provides training on various tasks using SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Creating Filters in the Explorer Interface
For SAS Visual Analytics 6.1 and earlier
Captions are available in English, German, and Japanese. Click the CC button in the player to turn on the captions.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Working with Interactions in the Designer
Learn how to create interactions in the designer interface. For SAS Visual Analytics 6.1 and earlier
SAS Mobile BI
- SAS Mobile BI: Using VoiceOver to Work with the App
Learn how to use VoiceOver while working in the SAS Mobile BI iPad app.
- SAS Mobile BI: Accessibility Features for Users with Low Vision
Learn about accessibility features in the SAS Mobile BI iPad app that can assist users with low vision.
- SAS Mobile BI: Video Library
A collection of free "How To" videos provides training on various tasks using SAS Mobile BI.
SAS Visual Analytics CommunityShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Visual Analytics users.