SAS® Visual Analytics
SAS Visual Analytics enables you to gain insight from all of your data, no matter the size of your data, with no need to subset or sample the data.
On the surface, SAS Visual Analytics is an integrated suite of web applications that offers intuitive, drag-and-drop interactions, rapid, highly visual responses, and role-based access to functionality.
- Administrators prepare data sources and load them to memory.
- Analysts interactively explore, analyze, and interpret data.
- Report designers create compelling reports and dashboards.
- Report consumers view reports on their mobile devices (using native apps from SAS® Mobile BI) or on the web.
Behind the scenes, SAS® LASR Analytic Server applies analytics to big data. The server functions as an analytic platform, providing speedy, secure, multi-user access to in-memory data in a distributed computing environment. The server also handles smaller data sets and supports an alternate, single-machine configuration.
SAS Visual Statistics has been fully integrated into SAS Visual Analytics. All model building tools are now available in the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. SAS Visual Statistics enables you to derive predicted values from the predictive models. These new variables contain the prediction information for your models and can be used in other visualizations.
At the foundation, SAS Visual Analytics is built on the SAS® Intelligence Platform, which provides a robust, metadata-centric environment for a wide range of business intelligence and analysis activities.
SAS Mobile BI enables users to view SAS Visual Analytics reports on Apple iPads and iPhones or Android tablets and smartphones.
The most recent releases are:
- SAS Visual Analytics 7.3
- SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.8
- SAS Intelligence Platform 9.4
SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.8 Released in November 2016
SAS Visual Analytics continues to be the primary solution for utilizing SAS LASR Analytic Server. The server is an in-memory analytics platform specifically designed to accelerate analytic computations. The server is available in a non-distributed configuration for deployments that do not have large data volumes. The distributed server uses a distributed computing environment and massively parallel processing for analyzing large data sets.
Two New Getting Starting Books Now Available
Two new books are available for SAS Visual Analytics: Getting Started with Data on Windows, available in PDF and HTML and Getting Started with Data Preparation, also available in PDF and HTML. The books focus on the 7.3 release, but some of the information is also applicable to previous releases of SAS Visual Analytics.
SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 Released in August 2015
SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 contains these updates:
- Sample tables, sample reports, and a sample exploration (if you have SAS Visual Analytics Explorer) are now available. When the samples are installed, you can access them from SAS Home (the home page).
- You can now import data from a Pivotal HAWQ database.
- For printing to PDF, SAS Visual Analytics Designer has a new option that enables you to include content that does not appear on the screen. This option enables you to print the entire content of tables, crosstabs, gauges, and containers with content that is only partially available in the layout of the report section.
- SAS Visual Analytics Viewer has a new appearance called modern, which is the default. You can use preferences to specify the default appearance of the viewer as modern or classic. The modern appearance includes a Report Refresh setting, which lets you specify how many minutes to wait between update checks.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Here are our top suggestions for new users of SAS Visual Analytics:
- Follow a sequence of basic tasks from documentation.
- Access a collection of "How Do I?" videos.
- Get the cheat sheets.
- Sign up for the web class.
- Request access to the administrative documentation site.In the subject field of the SAS Technical Support form, include SAS Visual Analytics. Provide a site number that is associated with a current license for SAS Visual Analytics. Only licensed SAS Visual Analytics customers may receive access.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have technical questions.
Free Online Documentation
Usage Documentation for SAS Visual Analytics 7.3Documentation for SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 includes documentation for SAS Visual Statistics 7.3.
- What's New in SAS Visual Analytics
- User's Guide HTML
- User's Guide (PDF) - Select language below
- Getting Started with Data on Windows PDF | HTML
- Getting Started with Data Preparation PDF | HTML
- Getting Started with Exploration and Reporting HTML
- Getting Started with Exploration and Reporting (PDF) - Select language below
- Getting Started with Analytical Models PDF | HTML
- Example Data for Getting Started with Analytical Models (ZIP)
- One Report, Many Languages: Using SAS Visual Analytics to Localize Your Reports
- SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Cloud Documentation
- SAS Mobile BI Documentation
Administration and Deployment for SAS Visual Analytics 7.3Indicates a password protected link to the secure SAS Visual Analytics page. Licensed customers may request the user ID and password from SAS Technical Support.
- Administration Guide
- Installation and Configuration Guide (Distributed SAS LASR) HTML
- Installation and Configuration Guide (Non-distributed SAS LASR) HTML
- System Requirements for SAS Visual Analytics
- System Requirements for SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics
- SAS LASR Documentation
All online documentation for supported releases of:
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
- Free Video TutorialsCollection of short video tutorials that provide training on various tasks using SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Getting StartedInstructor-led online training to help you get started exploring data and creating reports.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Fast TrackExpert instructors guide you through comprehensive training, including a case study.
- Learning path for SAS Visual Analytics
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
Notes for SAS Visual Analytics
Notes for SAS Mobile BI
SAS Visual Analytics
- SAS Visual Analytics Reporting Demo
Learn how easy-to-use reporting in SAS Visual Analytics helps you understand where you are, and where you should go.
- SAS Visual Analytics Decision Tree Demo
Learn how decision tree algorithms in SAS Visual Analytics can help you go beyond reporting and put analytics into the hands of more users.
- SAS Visual Analytics Forecasting Demo
Learn how you can use forecasting and scenario analysis within SAS Visual Analytics to improve your digital media mix.
- SAS Visual Statistics Logistic Regression Demo
Learn how logistic regression analysis can help you better understand conversion behaviors of website visitors.
- SAS Visual Statistics Decision Tree Demo
Gain better insight on segments of your data through Decision Tree Analysis, used in both SAS Visual Statistic and SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Statistics Clustering Demo
Learn how SAS Visual Statistics can improve predictive marketing applications through the use of clustering analysis.
- Personalizing SAS Visual Analytics: A Survey of Accessibility Features
Learn how to personalize the user interface of the SAS Visual Analytics application to make the interface even easier to use.
SAS Mobile BI
- SAS Mobile BI: Using VoiceOver to Work with the App
Learn how to use VoiceOver while working in the SAS Mobile BI iPad app.
- SAS Mobile BI: Accessibility Features for Users with Low Vision
Learn about accessibility features in the SAS Mobile BI iPad app that can assist users with low vision.
- SAS Mobile BI: Video Library
A collection of free "How To" videos provides training on various tasks using SAS Mobile BI.
SAS Visual Analytics CommunityShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Visual Analytics users.