SAS® Visual Analytics
SAS Visual Analytics enables you to gain insight from all of your data, no matter the size of your data, with no need to subset or sample the data.
On the surface, SAS Visual Analytics is an integrated suite of web applications that offers intuitive, drag-and-drop interactions, rapid, highly visual responses, and role-based access to functionality.
- Administrators prepare data sources and load them to memory.
- Analysts interactively explore, analyze, and interpret data.
- Report designers create compelling reports and dashboards.
- Report consumers view reports on their mobile devices (using native apps from SAS® Mobile BI) or on the web.
Behind the scenes, SAS® LASR Analytic Server applies analytics to big data. The server functions as an analytic platform, providing speedy, secure, multi-user access to in-memory data in a distributed computing environment. The server also handles smaller data sets and supports an alternate, single-machine configuration.
At the foundation, SAS Visual Analytics is built on the SAS® Intelligence Platform, which provides a robust, metadata-centric environment for a wide range of business intelligence and analysis activities.
The most recent releases are:
- SAS Visual Analytics 7.1
- SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.4
- SAS Mobile BI 7.10
- SAS Intelligence Platform 9.4
SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 Released in October 2014
SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 contains many updates, including the following:
- Importing data from Pivotal HD and Cloudera Impala is supported.
- A new Sankey diagram visualization enables you to perform path analytics. Path analytics displays flows of data from one event (value) to another as a series of paths.
- With goal seeking, you can specify a target value for the forecast measure, and then determine the values of the underlying factors that would be required to achieve the target value.
- Text analytics in a word cloud visualization enables you to analyze the sentiment of documents in your document collection. It also enables you to explore a selection of specific documents as a new visualization.
- Parameters are supported for report controls, and can be used in calculations, filters, ranks, and display rules.
- New options for printing to PDF are available for reports. You can use category data items, calculated items that are categories, and custom categories in custom sorts. You can distribute reports to other users based on a schedule. Report designers can localize (or translate) the labels, tooltips, and other descriptive text that are part of reports.
- A predefined report provides insight into how your site uses SAS Visual Analytics. The report is populated after you enable auditing, and is visible only to administrators.
SAS Mobile BI 7.10 for iPad and Android Released in October 2014
SAS Mobile BI enables users to view SAS Visual Analytics reports on Apple iPads and Android devices. This version provides many changes and improvements, including the following:
- new user interface and themes that provides an improved user experience and ease of use
- new Info window that provides specific filtered information for a graph or table
- support for parameters used in calculations, display rules, filters, and rank
- new prompt container that can group prompts in a report
- new report-level filters
- new custom sort feature
- support for multiple selections when downloading and sharing reports
- improved search feature that enables locating reports across all server connections
- support for new report features that are provided by SAS® Visual Analytics 7.1
- many enhancements and fixes
You can download the free iPad app from Apple iTunes store. You can download the free Android app from Google Play.
SAS LASR Analytic Server 2.4 Released in August 2014
SAS Visual Analytics continues to be the primary solution for utilizing SAS LASR Analytic Server. The server is an in-memory analytics platform specifically designed to accelerate analytic computations. The server is available in a non-distributed configuration for deployments that do not have large data volumes. The distributed server uses a distributed computing environment and massively parallel processing for analyzing large data sets.
This release introduces support for compressed in-memory tables and compressed tables in HDFS.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Here are our top suggestions for new users of SAS Visual Analytics:
- Watch a video overview.
- Follow a sequence of basic tasks from documentation.
- Access a collection of "How Do I?" videos.
- Get the cheat sheets.
- Sign up for the web class.
- Request access to the administrative documentation site.In the subject field of the SAS Technical Support form, include SAS Visual Analytics. Provide a site number that is associated with a current license for SAS Visual Analytics. Only licensed SAS Visual Analytics customers may receive access.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have technical questions.
Free Online Documentation
- What's New HTML
- User's Guide   HTML
- User's Guide (PDF)
- Getting Started with Exploration and Reporting PDF | HTML
- One Report, Many Languages: Using SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 to Localize Your Reports PDF
- Accessibility HTML
- SAS Mobile BI HTML
Administration and Deployment
indicates a password protected link. Licensed customers may request the user ID and password from SAS Technical Support.
- Administration Guide HTML
- Installation and Configuration Guides HTML
- SAS Visual Analytics for SAS Cloud HTML
- SAS LASR Analytic Server HTML
These informal sizing documents assist you in deciding whether a single- or multi-server configuration meets your SAS High-Performance Analytics needs. We recommend an official sizing to ensure performance expectations for your specific SAS implementation.
To request an official sizing, please contact your SAS Sales Representative
Non-Distributed SAS LASR Analytic Server
- 4-Core Environment PDF
- 6-Core Environment PDF
- 8-Core Environment PDF
- 12-Core Environment PDF
- 16-Core Environment PDF
- 32-Core Environment PDF
Distributed SAS LASR Analytic Server
- 4-Server, 16-Core Environment PDF
- 4-Server, 24-Core Environment PDF
- 4-Server, 32-Core Environment PDF
- 4-Server, 48-Core Environment PDF
- 4-Server, 64-Core Environment PDF
- 8-Server, 128-Core Environment PDF
- 16-Server, 256-Core Environment PDF
- 32-Server, 512-Core Environment PDF
All online documentation for supported releases of:
- SAS Visual Analytics: Steps to Successful Adoption [PDF]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
- Free Video TutorialsCollection of short video tutorials that provide training on various tasks using SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Getting StartedInstructor-led online training to help you get started exploring data and creating reports.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Fast TrackExpert instructors guide you through comprehensive training, including a case study.
- Learning path for SAS Visual Analytics
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
Notes for SAS Visual Analytics
Notes for SAS Mobile BI
SAS is producing videos to help our customers understand and experience SAS Visual Analytics.
SAS Visual Analytics
- Ask the Expert
Through November 2014, SAS Experts will conduct a live question and answer session on specific SAS Visual Analytics topics.
- SAS Theme Designer for Flex
- SAS Visual Analytics Home Page
- SAS Visual Analytics Designer
- SAS Visual Analytics Explorer
- SAS Visual Analytics Graph Builder
- VA Architecture and Implementation
- Personalizing SAS Visual Analytics: A Survey of Accessibility Features
Learn how to personalize the user interface of the SAS Visual Analytics application to make the interface even easier to use.
- "How Do I" Video Library
This collection of free "How Do I?" videos provides training on various tasks using SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Creating Filters in the Explorer Interface
For SAS Visual Analytics 6.1 and earlier
Captions are available in English, German, and Japanese. Click the CC button in the player to turn on the captions.
- SAS Visual Analytics: Working with Interactions in the Designer
Learn how to create interactions in the designer interface. For SAS Visual Analytics 6.1 and earlier
SAS Mobile BI
- SAS Mobile BI: Using VoiceOver to Work with the App
Learn how to use VoiceOver while working in the SAS Mobile BI iPad app.
- SAS Mobile BI: Accessibility Features for Users with Low Vision
Learn about accessibility features in the SAS Mobile BI iPad app that can assist users with low vision.
- SAS Mobile BI: Video Library
A collection of free "How To" videos provides training on various tasks using SAS Mobile BI.
SAS Visual Analytics ForumShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Visual Analytics users.