SAS® Financial Management
About SAS Financial Management
SAS Financial Management is a comprehensive solution for enterprise planning, budgeting, consolidation and reporting. It enables allows you to perform instant consolidations, develop more accurate budgets, report and analyze results, understand revenue, costs and profitability, and manage the execution of strategy.
The most current release is SAS Financial Management 5.3.
What’s New in SAS Financial Management 5.3
SAS Financial Management 5.3 includes enhanced budgeting and planning capabilities, expanded reporting options, and performance and scalability improvements. Here is a sample of the new functionality:
- SAS High-Performance Forecasting capability is available for form sets. You select historical information and other variables for analysis; an appropriate model is selected, a forecast is generated, and the results are available in the form.
- Comments can now be associated with a dimensional crossing and can be entered and viewed in data-entry forms and read-only reports. These comments are stored in the database, making it easy to collaborate and share explanations and justifications across the enterprise.
- Distribution of reports has been made easier with the addition of several new options, including publishing to multiple users via SAS folders, local folders, or e-mail. You can save publishing parameters and use them to generate scheduled reports. Output formats now include PDFs and SAS Information Maps.
- Audit trail information for data values is accessible from within a data-entry or read-only table. A new standard reporting interface can be used to view permissions for users, groups, and objects. This report can be drilled and sorted, and you can export the data as needed.
Integrating Financial and Non-Financial Information to Enhance Strategic Decision-Making Capabilities at McMaster University
This paper covers the process involved in developing a university-wide decision support system at McMaster University, for both financial and non-financial data. Over the past few years, McMaster has been designing and building a data warehouse based on enterprise-wide information news. The data warehouse is being built incrementally along with end-user, web-based query and reporting tools using a suite of SAS software, with the most recent module implemented being SAS Financial Management. This paper describes keys to success, challenges, pitfalls, lessons learned, and what we would do differently.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
The documentation for SAS Financial Management is provided on a secure site that requires a user ID and password, which you can obtain by contacting SAS Technical Support directly. In order to expedite your request, please include SAS Financial Management in the subject field of the form.
SAS Financial Management 5.3
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Installation and Configuration Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: System Requirements
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Formula Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: User's Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Migration Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Process Administrator's Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: System Administrator's Guide, Second Edition
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Data Administrator's Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Data Model Reference
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Customization Guide
- SAS Financial Management 5.3: Performance Guide
- MySQL Database Server Installation Guide for SAS Financial Management 5.3, SAS Human Capital Management 5.21, and SAS Strategic Management 5.3
- SAS Financial Management Adapter 5.3 for SAP: User's Guide
- SAS Financial Management titles in online bookstore [HTML]
- SAS Technical Papers for SAS Financial Management [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
DownloadsHot Fixes by Release