ODS and Microsoft Excel
- An Introduction to Creating Multi-Sheet Microsoft
Excel Workbooks the Easy Way with SAS (.pdf) New! (April 2012)
- This paper is from SAS Global Forum 2012.
- Traffic Lighting
Your Multi-Sheet Microsoft Excel Workbooks the Easy Way with SAS (.pdf) (April 2010)
- This paper explains how to use Base SAS 9
software to create multi-sheet Microsoft Excel workbooks, and traffic light the
values that lie outside a range.
- Creating Multi-Sheet Excel Workbooks with ODS (.ppt)
- This paper is from NESUG in 2005.
- Sample Gallery of Programs for ODS and Excel
- This is an extensive collection of PROC TEMPLATE example code.
- Using ODS to Generate Excel Files (.pdf)
- This paper presents techniques and tips.
- SAS Notes and Concepts for ODS
- These are compiled by Technical Support and developers. See the section for ODS and Excel.
- ODS MARKUP Resources
- Get the latest ExcelXP tagset and a ZIP file with samples. Also try a customer-contributed tagset.
The developers, testers and documentation folk that bring you ODS are
very excited about the potential these capabilities bring to the SAS
System. You can send electronic mail to
with your comments.