SASŪ Business Rules Manager
SAS Business Rules Manager enables you to create business rules, manage business rule vocabularies, develop and test rule flows, deploy rule flow packages, and monitor rule execution. This technology allows consuming applications to deploy business rules for integration and plugs into the different modules of the decision life cycle. It also provides a common platform for rule management and deployment so business rules can be integrated easily with other SAS solutions.
SAS Business Rules Manager is also included as part of SAS Decision Manager.
The most recent release is SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1.
What's New in SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1
SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1 runs on the third maintenance release of SAS 9.4. Major features for this release include integration with SAS Relationship Service and SAS Lineage. New features and enhancements in this release enable you to perform the following tasks:
- view lineage information for rule flows
- execute rule flows inside the Hadoop database
- lock rule set versions automatically when rule flows are published
- dynamically choose the latest compatible rule flow version in deployed SAS Data Integration Studio jobs
- use the simplified list view in the rule set editor
- see improved performance when you generate rule-fired summary tables and when you generate rules with the New Discovery wizard
- run the %BRM_GET_RULE_FLOW_CODE macro to create a DS2 package for a specific rule flow
- retrieve numeric values from lookup tables by using the LOOKUPVALUE function
- duplicate, delete, and move multiple folders, vocabularies, terms, lookup tables, rule sets, or rule flows
- use pre-existing vocabularies when you generate rules with the New Discovery wizard
- run the same SAS Business Rules Manager import macro at the same time as other users
- easily add DS2 functions to your expression and display information about the functions while working in the Equation Editor
- view the publish history of rule flows
- export the revision history for a specific version of a rule set
- configure which separator character is used in CSV files that are used as input files for lookup tables
- easily use negative values for comparison purposes in expressions
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
- Most recent release for SAS Business Rules Manager
- What's New in SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1 HTML
- SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1: User's Guide PDF | HTML | Quick Start Tutorial ZIP
- SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1: Administrator's Guide PDF | HTML
- Accessibility Features of SAS Business Rules Manager 3.1 HTML
- Help for SAS Business Rules Manager is accessible within the product.
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Business Rules Manager [HTML]
- Dynamic Decision-Making Web Services Using SAS Stored Processes and SAS Business Rules Manager
- Make Better Decisions with Optimization
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
SAS currently does not offer public training for SAS Business Rules Manager software. You may submit your requests for training using our Interest List.
Your input will be reviewed as we develop the course schedule throughout the year. From time to time, we are able to add course dates to our schedule based on your input.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.