Java Development Kits
Oracle requires specific versions of the JDK for WebLogic when it is configured in the AIX operating environment. For this reason, the baseline-and-higher support policy does not apply to the JDK that is used with WebLogic under AIX. You must download one of the required versions of the JDK.
Note regarding the support of Java SE 7: SAS will continue to use and support a Java 7 JDK for SAS 9.3 deployments; therefore, third-party components required by the SAS environment, including the SAS middle tier, must remain at Java 7. Updates for critical security issues associated with the Java 7 JDK will be provided in accordance with our technical support and security policies. See the section titled Java 7 Updates for more information. Updates to the JDK are available from the Downloads application. The current release and any previous releases of Java 7 available from SAS are documented in SAS Note 56203.
The following table identifies Java Software Development Kit (JDK) requirements for supported web application servers and the z/OS platform. Web application servers and servlet engines require the use of a full JDK.
SAS 9.3 TS1M2
|Windows 64-bit on x86-64||1.6.0_30||Oracle|
|Solaris 64-bit on SPARC||1.6.0_30||Oracle|
|Solaris 64-bit on x86-64||1.6.0_30||Oracle|
|AIX||184.108.40.206 Java 6 SR8 FP1||IBM|
|220.127.116.11 Java 7.0 SR3|
|Linux 64-bit x86-64||1.6.0_30||Oracle|
SAS 9.3 TS1M0 and TS1M1
|Windows 64-bit on x86-64||1.6.0_24||Oracle|
|Solaris 64-bit on SPARC||1.6.0_21||Oracle|
|Solaris 64-bit on x86-64||1.6.0_21||Oracle|
|AIX||18.104.22.168 Java 6 SR8 FP1 64-bit||IBM|
|Linux 64-bit x86-64||1.6.0_21||Oracle|
|z/OS||Java 6 31-bit SDK||IBM|
- In SAS 9.3 TS1M0,TS1M1, and TS1M2, a 64-bit JDK is required for all platforms except z/OS.
- In SAS 9.3, z/OS is no longer supported as a middle-tier platform.
- It is not necessary to download a JDK for IBM WebSphere Application Server. IBM WebSphere Application Server comes embedded with a specific version of the IBM JDK that is automatically installed and used by WebSphere.
- If you plan to upgrade to Java 7, please go to SAS Note 49296 for additional information prior to beginning your upgrade.
- SAS 9.3 supports JRockit 6 Update 24 R28.1.3 as an alternative JDK for WebLogic Server 11g.
- Installation of the 64-bit JDK for Solaris requires installation of the 32-bit JDK first. See Oracle's installation instructions for more detail.
Java 7 Updates
SAS will continue to use and support a Java 7 Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for SAS® 9.4 and SAS® 9.3 deployments, and a Java 7 Java Development Kit (JDK) for the SAS 9.3 middle tier. We'll provide updates for critical security issues associated with the Java 7 JRE and JDK in accordance with our technical support and security policies. We've also worked with a third-party vendor to extend support for Java 7 at no incremental cost to you. Updates will likely be available quarterly, aligning with the vendor's Critical Patch Update schedule.
The current release and any previous releases of Java 7 available from SAS are documented in SAS Note 56203.
Support for Java 7 with SAS 9.3
Updates to the JRE and JDK are available from the Downloads application. Customers running SAS 9.3 TS1M2 should follow the instructions in Configuring SAS 9.3 to Use an Alternative Java Runtime Environment or Java Development Kit to update their SAS deployment.
Note: SAS 9.3 deployments do not support Java 8.