SAS® Viya® Install Center
Resources for a successful installation.
Deploying SAS® Viya™
SAS Viya keeps system prerequisites and pre-deployment configuration settings to a minimum by using well-known installation technologies – RPM packages, Ansible provisioning and yum repositories.
Before You Begin
Please review the following before starting your installation:
Have you received your Software Order Email (SOE)?
You should have received an email from SAS that includes the required deployment documents. You'll need the attachments for this and any subsequent installations. The documentation includes:
- License. This is your license key (known in previous versions as a SETINIT).
- Deployment tools. These are files that allow you to generate a playbook for installation.
- Deployment guide. You’ll get a URL for your specific deployment guide, which includes system requirements and configuration instructions.
Here's an overview of the three-step installation process. You'll find details about each installation step in the deployment guide for the product you are installing.
2. Deploy the software.
- Use the customized files and follow the instructions in the deployment guide to install SAS Viya.
- Configure the software with your chosen site-specific settings.
- Validate the deployment, as desired.
3. Access SAS Viya.
- Once you've deployed the software, go to the provided URL(s) to launch your SAS Viya application(s).
- You're now ready to start using SAS Viya.
Once SAS Viya is installed, you will be the first authenticated user. You may:
Add other SAS users.
Connect to your favorite data sources.
You'll find instructions for these and other post-deployment tasks in the SAS Viya administration documentation.