Overview of Administration
Administration of the IOM servers includes the following tasks:
- planning and setting up the SAS Metadata Server, for storing metadata definitions
in a SAS Metadata Repository
- planning and setting up the server configurations
- planning and setting up users who will access the servers
- planning and setting up additional resources, such as libraries
- planning and setting up which users and groups will have access to the servers
and other resources
- starting the servers
- administering the servers
To set up the servers, you might use the following software:
SAS Configuration Wizard: an application that automates configuration of the IOM servers within a planned (Advanced or Personal) SAS installation.
SAS Management Console: a Java application that provides a single point of control for performing the administrative tasks that are required to create and maintain an integrated SAS environment.