SASŪ Text Miner
About SAS Text Miner
SAS Text Miner provides tools that enable you to extract information from a collection of text documents and uncover the themes and concepts that are concealed in them. In addition, you can combine quantitative variables with unstructured text and thereby incorporate text mining with other traditional data mining techniques.
SAS Text Miner is a component of SAS Enterprise Miner. SAS Enterprise Miner must be installed on the same machine.
The most current release is SAS Text Miner 12.1.
What's New in SAS Text Miner 12.1
SAS Text Miner 12.1 includes several new features:
- New Text Rule Builder node
- Enhancements to Text Mining nodes
- New sample data set
SAS Text Miner 5.1
SAS Text Miner 5.1 delivers numerous enhancements for SAS text mining customers. SAS Text Miner 5.1 includes new nodes, additional supported languages, and key improvements.
The following nodes are new:
- The Text Import node serves as a replacement for the Text Input node, enabling you to create data sets dynamically from the Web or from files contained in a directory. The Text Import node filters and extracts text from files systems or Web crawls; converts the text from Microsoft Word, .PDF, or other format; identifies the language; and creates a SAS data set.
- The Text Cluster node serves as a replacement for the Text Mining node, clustering documents into unique segments and reports on the descriptive terms for those clusters. The Text Cluster node supports flat and hierarchical clustering, can determine the 'best' number of clusters, and exports values for predictive modeling.
In addition to the languages supported in previous releases (Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish, and Swedish), SAS Text Miner 5.1 also supports these languages:
Other improvements include the ability to import and export synonyms, edit subsets in the Text Filter node, and other table editing features, such as multiple row insertion and deletion.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Text Miner
Reference Help for SAS Text Miner and SAS Concept Creation for SAS Text Miner is provided in the product and on a secure site. The secure site requires a user ID and password, which you can obtain by contacting SAS Technical Support directly. In order to expedite your request, please include SAS Text Miner documentation PDF or SAS Concept Creation for SAS Text Miner documentation PDF in the subject field of the form.
To access any of the secure documentation listed below, see SAS Text Miner Secure Documentation
- What's New in SAS Text Miner 12.1 [PDF] (380KB)
- Getting Started with SAS Text Miner 12.1 [PDF] (1.68MB)
- Example Data for Getting Started with SAS Text Miner 12.1 [ZIP] (16.2MB)
- SAS Text Miner 12.1: Reference Help (Secure Document)
- Help for SAS Text Miner is accessible within the product
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Text Miner [HTML]
SAS Text Miner 12.1
- SAS Text Miner titles in online bookstore [HTML]
- Featured Titles
- SAS Technical Papers for SAS Text Miner [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
DownloadsHot Fixes by Release
The Text Frontier
SAS Text Miner ForumShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Text Miner users.