SAS® Text Miner
SAS Text Miner provides tools that enable you to extract information from a collection of text documents and uncover the themes and concepts that are concealed in them. In addition, you can combine quantitative variables with unstructured text and thereby incorporate text mining with other traditional data mining techniques.
SAS Text Miner is a component of SAS Enterprise Miner. SAS Enterprise Miner must be installed on the same machine.
The most recent release is SAS Text Miner 14.1.
What's New in SAS Text Miner 14.1
SAS Text Miner 14.1 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- The new HPBOOLRULE procedure replaces macros in the Text Rule Builder node.
- The Text Parsing node now does multithreaded parsing (using PROC HPTMINE) for most languages.
- You can now specify where scoring data sets are written by using the EM_TERM_LOC macro variable, which facilitates both deploying your text mining models and building stored processes.
- An _item_ variable with term | role information has been added to the transaction output that is exported from the Text Topic node and the Text Filter node. If these are followed by an Association node, the user will be able to see the actual terms rather than the term IDs in the association plots.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Text Miner
Reference Help for SAS Text Miner and SAS Concept Creation for SAS Text Miner is provided in the product and on a secure site. The secure site requires a user ID and password, which you can obtain by contacting SAS Technical Support directly. In order to expedite your request, please include SAS Text Miner documentation PDF or SAS Concept Creation for SAS Text Miner documentation PDF in the subject field of the form.
To access any of the secure documentation listed below, see SAS Text Miner Secure Documentation
SAS Text Miner 14.1
- SAS Text Miner 14.1: Reference Help (Secure Document)
- Help for SAS Text Miner is accessible within the product.
SAS Text Miner 14.1 High-Performance Text Mining
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Text Miner [HTML]
- SAS Text Miner titles in online bookstore [HTML]
- Featured Titles
- Big Data Meets Text Mining [PDF]
- Enabling High-Performance Text Mining Procedures [PDF]
- Processing and Storing Sparse Data in SAS Using SAS Text Miner Procedures [PDF]
- How to Interpret SVD Units in Predictive Models? [PDF]
- Relate, Retain, and Remodel: Creating and Using Context-Sensitive Linguistic Features in Text Mining Models [PDF]
- Automatic Detection of Section Membership for SAS Conference Paper Abstract Submissions: A Case Study [PDF]
- All Technical Papers for SAS Text Miner [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
Air date: April 17, 2014
Air date: August 30, 2013
Air date: October 5, 2012