SASŪ Metadata Server
The SAS Metadata Server is a centralized resource for storing, managing, and delivering metadata for SAS applications across the enterprise. The SAS Metadata Server enables centralized control so that all users access consistent and accurate data. Access to data and metadata is secured through a metadata-based authorization layer, which supplements protections from the host environment and other systems. The functionality of the SAS Metadata Server is provided through the SAS Open Metadata Architecture, which is a metadata management facility that provides common metadata services to applications.
The most current release is SAS Metadata Server 9.4.
Metadata Server Clustering
Metadata server clustering, new with SAS 9.4, provides redundancy and high availability of the metadata server. Clustering ensures that the server will continue to operate if a server host machine fails.
A metadata server cluster is a group of three or more host machines (nodes) which have been configured as identical metadata servers. Each node runs its own server process, has its own copy of the repository data sets, and maintains a complete in-memory copy of the repository. The nodes work together as if they were a single metadata server.
Client applications and users interact with the cluster in the same way that they would interact with a non-clustered server. A load-balancing process distributes work among the nodes. If a node ceases to operate, the server continues to be available using the remaining nodes.
Effective with the second maintenance release for SAS 9.4, metadata server clustering is supported on z/OS. In previous SAS 9.4 releases, it is supported only on UNIX and Windows. All of the nodes in the cluster must have the same operating system.
New Batch Tools
- In SAS 9.4, new batch tools are provided for metadata management tasks such as listing selected objects, deleting selected objects, creating new folders, and managing metadata access. Batch tools are also provided for administrative tasks such as backing up the metadata server, creating and deleting metadata repositories, and updating metadata profiles.
- The first maintenance release for SAS 9.4 includes new batch tools for relationship reporting. You can use these tools to identify relationships among the content objects in the SAS Folder tree.
- The second maintenance release for SAS 9.4 includes a new batch command that you can use to run the metadata analyze and repair tools that are available in SAS Management Console.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Metadata Server
SAS Metadata Server 9.4
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Metadata Server [HTML]
- SAS Metadata Server titles in online bookstore [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
- Learning path for SAS Platform Administration
- e-Lectures: short pre-recorded sessions on specific topics for SAS Platform Administrators
- SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence training home page
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.