SASŪ Metadata Server
About SAS Metadata Server
The SAS Metadata Server is a centralized resource for storing, managing, and delivering metadata for SAS applications across the enterprise. The SAS Metadata Server enables centralized control so that all users access consistent and accurate data. Access to data and metadata is secured through a metadata-based authorization layer, which supplements protections from the host environment and other systems. The functionality of the SAS Metadata Server is provided through the SAS Open Metadata Architecture, which is a metadata management facility that provides common metadata services to applications.
The most current release is SAS Metadata Server 9.3.
New Backup and Recovery Facility for the SAS Metadata Server 9.3
SAS 9.3 includes a new backup and recovery facility that provides the following features:
- Daily backups are automatically configured and are performed by the server without the need for administrator intervention.
- The backup process is a "hot" backup that executes in a separate thread while the metadata server is up and running. Therefore, the server does not need to be paused during the backup.
- Transactions recorded in the journal file can be used to perform roll-forward recovery to a specific point in time after the last backup was taken.
- Detailed backup and recovery history is displayed in SAS Management Console.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Metadata Server
SAS Metadata Server 9.3
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Metadata Server [HTML]
- SAS Metadata Server titles in online bookstore [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.