SAS/ACCESS interfaces provide data access to more of your data sources so you can make better decisions faster. They are out-of-the-box solutions that provide enterprise data access and integration between SAS and third-party databases. SAS/ACCESS interfaces enable your SAS solutions to read, write, and update data no matter what native databases or platforms you use. Because the data appears native to SAS, there is no need to learn Structured Query Language (SQL) or any other database-specific query languages. By integrating all available data across your enterprise, SAS/ACCESS software supports your mission-critical business decisions by giving you access to complete, up-to-date, and accurate enterprise data.
See SAS/ACCESS Software for a complete list of SAS/ACCESS interface products.
Access to Data Sources to Relational Databases, Data Warehouse Appliances, and Distributed Systems
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Aster (support for IBM AIX 7.1)
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to DB2
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Greenplum (supports Greenplum parallel load)
- SAS/ACCESS interface to Hadoop (support for HiveServer2, MapReduce, Kerberos and Pig within flows, as well as Hortonworks)
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Informix
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Microsoft SQL Server
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to MySQL
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Netezza
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC, including ParAccel, Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse, and more
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle, including Sun Oracle Database Machine (Exadata)
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to PostgreSQL (including Amazon Redshift)
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP HANA
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Sybase
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Sybase IQ
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Vertica
Access to Nonrelational Databases and Other Data Sources
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to ADABAS
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to DATACOM/DB
- SAS/ACCESS Inteface to CA IDMS ™
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to IMS-DL/I
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files, including complete support for the XLSX file format
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to SYSTEM 2000
The most current release is SAS/ACCESS 9.4.
- New interfaces to PostgreSQL, SAP HANA, and Vertica
- Hadoop interface changes, including a new HDMD procedure to work with metadata that is outside of Hive and HiveServer2
- Updates to the SQLGENERATION= options
- Operating environment changes
- Many new and enhanced options for various interfaces
- The WARN_BIGINT= LIBNAME option warns if a table contains a BIGINT. (New for DB2 under z/OS)
- NCHAR and NVARCHAR are now listed as supported data types in the documentation. (New for Oracle)
- The TR_ENABLE_INTERRUPT= LIBNAME option enables you to cancel a query. (New for Teradata)
- For information about SAS interfaces to Hadoop, see these documents
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference includes SAS/ACCESS Interface to Hadoop, the HDMD procedure, and several new and enhanced features.
- Base SAS 9.4 Procedures Guide includes PROC HADOOP.
- SAS 9.4 Statements: Reference includes the FILENAME statement for the Hadoop access method.
What's New in SAS/ACCESS 9.4 Interface to PC Files
General enhancements found in this release include the following.
- The SAS/ACCESS 9.4 release has a number of enhancements to support Microsoft Excel XLSX files. For example, you can add a new Microsoft Excel XLSX worksheet to an existing workbook, and you can update an existing worksheet in a workbook.
- You can export Excel XLSX files directly to UNIX. In this release, you can specify DBMS=XLSX to read and write to Excel workbooks under UNIX and Microsoft Windows directly without needing to access the PC Files Server.
- Certain statements used with the IMPORT and EXPORT procedures have been updated: RANGE=, SHEET=, GETNAMES=, GUESSINGROWS=. How RANGE= and SHEET= handle special characters in names has changed in Microsoft Excel XLSX files.
- Starting in SAS/ACCESS 9.4, when you import a Stata file, SAS can read multiple Stata missing values and map them to multiple SAS special missing values, .a-.z or as a single dot (.), for up to 27 missing values.
- Because you can use the Base SAS IMPORT and EXPORT procedures on JMP files without a SAS/ACCESS license, the SAS/ACCESS 9.4 changes for JMP files apply to SAS 9.4 as well.
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 imports data from JMP files saved with version 7 or later formats, and it exports data to JMP files with Version 7 or later formats. Support for these newer file formats enables you to access JMP files from, for example, the JMP Graph Builder iPad app. JMP file formats in versions 3 through 6 are no longer supported.
- The META data type for JMP files has been replaced by support for extended attributes. When importing a JMP file with extended attributes, the attributes are automatically attached to the new SAS data set. META is ignored in programs and a log message is generated.
- JMP variable names can be up to 255 characters in length. Importing and exporting JMP files with more than 32,767 variables is now supported.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS/ACCESS
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference, Third Edition
PDF (23MB) | HTML
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 Interface to PC Files: Reference, Second Edition
PDF (6.9MB) | HTML
- Accessibility Features of the Windowing Environment for SAS 9.4 on Microsoft Windows [HTML]
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 Interface to R/3: User's Guide, Second Edition
PDF (2.3MB) | HTML
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 Interface to ADABAS: Reference
PDF (3.2MB) | HTML
- SAS/ACCESS Interface to Hadoop and the HDMD procedure are in SAS/ACCESS 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference, Third Edition.
- The FILENAME statement (for the Hadoop access method) is in SAS 9.4 Statements: Reference, Second Edition.
- The HADOOP procedure is in the Base SAS 9.4 Procedures Guide, Second Edition.
The following documentation also applies to the SAS 9.4 release:
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference, Third Edition
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS/ACCESS [HTML]
- SAS/ACCESS titles in online bookstore [Buy]
- Featured Titles
- SAS and Hadoop: The BIG Picture [PDF]
- What’s New in SAS/ACCESS and Process Improvements to Apply to Your DBMS [PDF]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
- A listing of ACCESS .dlls that will help you verify the installation of SAS/ACCESS products
- System requirements for SAS/ACCESS 9.3 Interface to Greenplum in UNIX environments
- System Requirements for SAS/ACCESS 9.3 Interface to Greenplum in Windows environments
- A UTY4015 access-module error occurs when you use the Teradata MultiLoad utility with SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata
- LOGDB is not a supported option when using the Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) with SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata
- You cannot add a spreadsheet to an existing Microsoft Excel workbook when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files 9.3 with the XLSX engine
SAS Enterprise Data Management and Integration ForumShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS/ACCESS, and DataFlux users.