Upcoming Changes to SAS® University Edition
SAS OnDemand for Academics is now the primary software choice for learners. Access to SAS University Edition will end Aug. 2, 2021; users will no longer be able to download it after Apr. 30, 2021. Check out SAS® OnDemand for Academics today for free access to SAS for individual learners as well as university educators and students.
Get free software for teaching and learning SAS skills that you can use in introductory to advanced-level statistics and quantitative methods classes, or in self-directed learning. These resources are a great place to start.
Learn the basics
Because SAS University Edition is a virtual application, you need virtualization software to run it. Get started by learning how to download the virtualization software, download the SAS University Edition vApp, and set up shared folders to access your data.
You can also choose to run SAS University Edition in the cloud by using Amazon Web Services Marketplace. Read about some of the differences in this tutorial:
Browse our library of free SAS University Edition tutorials. Learn something new. Sharpen your skills.
Getting SAS University Edition Up and Running
- What is a vApp and how does it work?
- Should I download the SAS University Edition vApp or run it on Amazon Web Services Marketplace?
- Getting Started with the SAS University Edition vApp (Video)
- How to Set Up Shared Folders for SAS University Edition (Video)
- Connecting to SAS Studio and Finding Help for SAS University Edition (Video)
- How do I update SAS University Edition?
Writing and Running SAS Programs
Using SAS Studio Tasks and Utilities
Using Jupyter Notebook
Expand your SAS University Edition skill set with next-level tutorials.
Find user's guides and other technical documentation for SAS University Edition.
- Installation Guide Amazon Web Services
- Installation Guide Mac
- Installation Guide Windows
- Installation Guide Linux
- Quick Start for Amazon Web Services
- Quick Start for VirtualBox
- Quick Start for VMwarePlayer
- Quick Start for VMwareFusion
- Quick Start for Students with Visual Impairments