SAS® Graphics Accelerator
SAS Graphics Accelerator allows users with visual impairments to access data visualization on their terms. It enables alternative presentations of SAS data visualizations that have been created with the necessary metadata. Alternative presentations include text descriptions, tabular data, and interactive sonification. Sonification uses non-speech audio to convey important information about the graph.
Students can use SAS Graphics Accelerator in conjunction with SAS University Edition, which provides free access to SAS software.
The most recent release is SAS Graphics Accelerator 2.1.
What's New in SAS Graphics Accelerator 2.1SAS Graphics Accelerator 2.1 includes these features:
- Bar charts, time series plots, heat maps, line charts, scatter plots, and histograms can be explored interactively using sound.
- Grouped charts can be explored interactively using sound.
- Users can download tabular data as a comma-separated value (CSV) file.
- Users can customize visual and auditory settings for the alternative presentations.
- The SAS Graphics Accelerator provides localized content within graphs. Note that the SAS Graphics Accelerator user interface is English only.
- Browsers: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- JAWS on Microsoft Windows for Chrome and Firefox
- NVDA on Microsoft Windows for Chrome and Firefox
- VoiceOver on Apple OSX for Chrome
SAS products that the accelerator supports:
- SAS Visual Analytics Viewer 7.4 (the modern viewer only)
- SAS Studio 3.6 or later
- SAS Enterprise Guide 7.13 or later
- SAS ODS Graphics procedures, fourth maintenance release for SAS 9.4 or later
Install the SAS Graphics Accelerator extension for your browser from the browser’s app store.
- Install on Google Chrome
- Install on Mozilla Firefox (Coming Soon)
Here are our top suggestions for new users of SAS Graphics Accelerator:
- Watch this overview video.
- Add the free SAS Graphics Accelerator to your browser.
- Chrome Web Store
- Firefox Marketplace (Coming Soon)
- Play around with the sample graphs. In the Sonification view, press H for Help.
- If you are a SAS programmer, learn to create accessible graphs.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have technical questions.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Graphics Accelerator
- SAS Graphics Accelerator User's Guide
- SAS University Edition: Quick Start Guide for Students with Visual Impairments PDF
Students can use SAS Graphics Accelerator in conjunction with SAS University Edition and SAS Studio.
- Creating Accessible SAS 9.4 Output Using ODS and ODS Graphics
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Graphics Accelerator [HTML]
Technical PapersSAS Global Forum
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
SAS currently does not offer public training for SAS Graphics Accelerator. You may submit your requests for training using our Interest List.
Your input will be reviewed as we develop the course schedule throughout the year. From time to time, we are able to add course dates to our schedule based on your input.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
Highlighted SamplesSee sample graphs created by ODS Graphics procedures.