Owner and Principal, Henderson Consulting Services
Don Henderson is the Owner and Principal of Henderson Consulting Services, a SAS Affiliate Partner. Don has used SAS software since 1975, designing and developing business applications with a focus on data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytic applications. Don was one of the primary architects in the initial development and release of SAS/IntrNet software in 1996, and he was one of the original developers for the SAS/IntrNet Application Dispatcher. Don is the author of SAS Server Pages: Generating Dynamic Content, Building Web Applications with SAS/IntrNet: A Guide to the Application Dispatcher, and Data Management Solutions Using SAS Hash Table Operations: A Business Intelligence Case Study. Don has presented numerous papers at SUGI and regional SAS user group meetings and continues to be a great supporter of SAS and its products.
By This Author
Data Management Solutions Using SAS® Hash Table Operations: A Business Intelligence Case Study
By Paul Dorfman and Don Henderson
Anticipated publication date: Second quarter 2018
Hash tables can do a lot more than you might think! This book concentrates on solving your challenging data management and analysis problems via the power of the SAS hash object, whose environment and tools make it possible to create complete dynamic solutions. To this end, this book provides an in-depth overview of the hash table as an in-memory database with the CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete) cycle rendered by the hash object tools. By using this concept and focusing on real-world problems exemplified by sports data sets and statistics, the book seeks to help you take advantage of the hash object productively, in particular, but not limited to:
- select proper hash tools to perform the hash table operations
- use proper hash table operations to support specific data management tasks
- utilize the dynamic, run-time nature of hash object programming
- understand the algorithmic principles behind hash table data look-up, retrieval, and aggregation
- recognize why the hash object is exceptionally well suited for data aggregation and learn how to do it
- manage hash table memory footprint, especially when processing big data
- use hash object techniques for other data processing tasks, such as filtering, combining, splitting, sorting, and unduplicating.
With hash tables, you can answer your toughest questions in the most efficient way possible!
2013-2014 Society for Technical Communication
Carolina Chapter Technical Publications Competition
Award of Excellence
SAS Server Pages: Generating Dynamic Content