SAS® University Edition
SAS University Edition is free and includes the SAS products Base SAS®, SAS/STAT®, SAS/IML®, SAS/ACCESS® Interface to PC Files, and SAS® Studio. Teachers, students, adult learners, and academic researchers can access the SAS University Edition software for noncommercial learning purposes. After you download it to your PC, Mac, or Linux workstation, SAS works locally on your machine by using virtualization software and your browser, so no Internet access is required. For more information, visit SAS University Edition at www.sas.com.
Here are our top suggestions for new users of SAS University Edition:
- Download SAS University Edition.
- Watch a video overview and learn how to write basic SAS programs.
- Working with your data -- will link to overview data topic in FAQ. From there provide information on how to import files from Excel, read existing SAS files, reading raw files. Also videos for each topic?
- Get additional help from the FAQ and a collection of "How Do I?" videos.
Don? t hesitate to contact us if you have technical questions.
Online DocumentationSAS University Edition Documentation
- FAQs [HTML]
- Installation Guide Mac
- Installation Guide Windows
- Installation Guide Linux
- Quick Start for VirtualBox [PDF]
- Quick Start for VMwarePlayer [PDF]
- Quick Start for VMwareFusion [PDF]
- Oracle VirtualBox Quick Start
See a high level overview of the installation and configuration process for the SAS University Edition on Oracle VirtualBox.
- VMware Fusion Player Quick Start
See a high level overview of the installation and configuration process for the SAS University Edition on VMware Fusion Player.
- VMware Player Quick Start
See a high level overview of the installation and configuration process for the SAS University Edition on VMware Player.
For SAS/IML videos, go to the Statistics and Operations Research video page.
For SAS/STAT videos, go to the Statistics and Operations Research video page.
View free SAS training "how to" videos to teach you the basics of SAS Studio.
SAS Analytics U is a community for both those teaching and those learning SAS.
SAS Analytics U ForumCollaborate with SAS users in Academia.
For technical help with the products that are provided as part of SAS University Edition, post questions and find answers in the following communities.
Base SAS ForumsShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other Base SAS users.
SAS/STAT ForumsShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS/STAT users.
SAS/IML ForumShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS/IML users.