SASŪ Data Surveyors
SAS Data Surveyors are a group of products that enable SAS to integrate with enterprise applications that have specified data formats, metadata, and security requirements, such as
- Oracle Enterprise Business Suite, SalesForce.com, and Siebel through Composite Software (support only through SAS 9.3)
- Clickstream Data (Web data) (support only through SAS 9.3)
SAS Data Surveyors include specialized transformations and use APIs that enable access to metadata and data, as well as enabling the complex handling of the specialized applications and formats. SAS Data Surveyors enable you to extract, search, navigate, and understand complex enterprise application data structures. Enterprise application data can then be integrated with other data sources and analyzed or used in conjunction with SAS solutions.
The most current release for SAS Data Surveyors
- SAP 5.2
- Oracle Enterprise Business Suite, SalesForce.com, and Siebel through Composite Software 4.6 and SAS 9.3
- Clickstream Data 2.2 and SAS 9.3
In this release, these functions are new. See the product documentation for details.
- semantically partitioned objects (SPOs)
- SAP HANA-optimized InfoCubes
SAS Data Surveyors for Clickstream Data and for Enterprise Data
Starting in SAS 9.4, SAS Data Surveyors for Clickstream Data and for Enterprise Data are no longer supported. They continue to be supported in SAS 9.3 and previous releases.
Starting in SAS 9.4, the SAS Data Surveyors for Oracle Enterprise Business Suite, SalesForce.com, and Siebel through Composite Software are no longer supported. These SAS Data Surveyors continue to be supported in SAS 9.3 and previous releases. The Data Surveyor for PeopleSoft continues to be supported in SAS 9.2.
Free Online Documentation
SAS Data Surveyor uses SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3 to communicate with SAP systems. See also SAS/ACCESS
SAS Data Surveyor for SAP 5.2
- SAS Data Surveyor 5.2 for SAP: Help HTML
- SAS/ACCESS 9.4 Interface to R/3: User's Guide, Third Edition PDF | HTML
- Help for SAS Data Surveyor and SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3 is included with the software.
Oracle Enterprise Business Suite, SalesForce.com, and Siebel through Composite Software
SAS has partnered with Composite Software to provide customers with access to enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) data. These SAS data surveyors are supported in SAS 9.2 and 9.3:
- SAS Data Surveyor for Oracle Applications 4.6
- SAS Data Surveyor for PeopleSoft 4.6 (supported in SAS 9.2 only)
- SAS Data Surveyor for Salesforce.com 4.6
- SAS Data Surveyor for Siebel 4.6
For information about connecting to Composite Software in order to access these data sources, see this documentation:
- Chapter 2, "Connecting to Common Data Sources" in SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide HTML
- Composite Software for product documentation
SAS Data Surveyor for Clickstream Data 2.2
- SAS Data Surveyor for Clickstream Data 2.2: User's Guide PDF | HTML
- Help for SAS Data Surveyor for Clickstream Data is accessible within the product.
All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Data Surveyors [HTML]
- SAS Data Surveyor for SAP titles in online bookstore [HTML]
- SAS Data Surveyor for Clickstream Data titles in online bookstore [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
TrainingSAS currently does not offer public training for SAS Data Surveyor software. You may submit your requests for training using our Interest List.
Your input will be reviewed as we develop the course schedule throughout the year. From time to time, we are able to add course dates to our schedule based on your input.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.