SAS Studio is a developmental web application for SAS that you access through your web browser. With SAS Studio, you can access your data files, libraries, and existing programs, and you can write new programs. You can also use the predefined tasks in SAS Studio to generate SAS code for you. When you run a program or task, SAS Studio processes the SAS code on a SAS server. The SAS server can be a server in a cloud environment, a server in your local environment, or SAS installed on your local machine. After the code is processed, the results are returned to SAS Studio in your browser.
The most recent release for SAS Viya is SAS Studio 4.1.
The most recent release for SAS 9.4 is SAS Studio 3.6.
NewsSAS Studio 4.1 on the SAS Viya Platform
SAS Studio 4.1 is the SAS coding interface delivered with SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning 8.1.
SAS Studio 3.6 on SAS 9.4 includes these new features:
- You can now create a SAS program from a process flow.
- A new preference enables you to control the level of automatic refreshes that occur or to specify whether to refresh the file navigation tree manually.
- You can use the new Start-Up preferences to specify whether SAS Studio opens in the state that you closed it. For example, any tabs that you had open in a prior session will be open in the new session.
- For background submit jobs, you can now specify the location of the output and log files. You can also specify what action to take if an output or log file already exists.
- You can now generate HTML graphs in the SVG format.
- Many new analytical tasks for statistical process control, multivariate analysis, econometric analysis, and power and sample size are now available.
- This release includes new analytical tasks in these categories: power and sample size, cluster analysis, and network optimization.
- New code snippets and tasks enable you to connect to the SAS Viya environment and to use Cloud Analytic Services (CAS) tables.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
Most recent release for SAS Studio on SAS Viya
- Differences in the SAS 9 and SAS Viya 3.2 Platforms
- Getting Started with Programming in SAS Studio 4.2
- SAS Studio 4.2: User's Guide
- SAS Studio 4.2: Task Reference Guide
Most recent release for SAS Studio on SAS 9.4
SAS Studio 3.6
All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Studio
- SAS Global Forum Papers
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
View free SAS training "how to" videos to teach you the basics of SAS Studio.
SAS Studio CommunityShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Studio users.