SASŪ Management Console
SAS Management Console provides a single point of control for managing resources that are used throughout a business intelligence environment. Rather than using a separate administrative interface for each application in your computing environment, you can use SAS Management Console's single interface to perform the administrative tasks required to create and maintain an integrated environment across multiple platforms. SAS Management Console enables you to manage
- server definitions
- library definitions
- user, group, and role definitions
- resource access controls
- metadata repositories
- job schedules
The application provides a flexible administrative environment through the use of plug-ins. A plug-in is a Java .jar file that is installed in the SAS Management Console directory to provide a specific administrative function.
SAS Management Console works by creating and maintaining metadata definitions for each computing resource or control. These metadata definitions are stored in a repository on a SAS Metadata Server, where they are available for use by other applications.
The most current release is SAS Management Console 9.4.
What's New in SAS Management Console 9.4
SAS Management Console 9.4 includes these new features:
- Support has been added for metadata server clusters.
- Support has been added for secured libraries.
- New server management functions have been added.
- Support has been added for grid options sets.
- Support has been added for grid-launched workspace servers.
- Resource templates have been added and revised for server and library definitions.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Management Console
SAS Management Console 9.4
- "Overview of SAS Management Console" in SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide HTML
- Scheduling in SAS 9.4, Second Edition PDF | HTML
- SAS 9.4 Management Console: Guide to Users and Permissions PDF | HTML
- "Administering SAS Management Console" in SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Fifth Edition HTML
- Help for SAS Management Console is accessible within the product.
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Management Console [HTML]
- SAS Management Console titles in online bookstore [HTML]
- Featured Titles
- SAS Technical Papers for SAS Management Console [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
- Learning path for SAS Platform Administration
- e-Lectures: short pre-recorded sessions on specific topics for SAS Platform Administrators
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.