SASŪ Grid Manager
A SAS grid computing environment is one in which SAS computing tasks are distributed among multiple computers on a network, all under the control of SAS Grid Manager. In this environment, workloads are distributed across a grid of computers. This workload distribution enables workload balancing, accelerated processing, and job scheduling.
The most current release is SAS Grid Manager 9.4.
Here are some of the new features of SAS Grid Manager:
- SAS Grid Manager for Hadoop has been added, which adds support for SAS grid processing co-located on a Hadoop cluster.
- A SAS Grid Manager agent plug-in has been added to SAS Environment Manager for grids that use Platform Suite for SAS.
- A SAS Grid Manager module has been added to SAS Environment Manager for grids that use Platform Suite for SAS.
- Support for grid options sets has been added. A grid options set is a collection of grid options, SAS options, and required resources that is defined in metadata. You can then map a grid options set to a combination of a SAS client application and one or more metadata identities. SAS Grid Manager automatically applies the options in the grid options set to the workload submitted to the client application based on the user accessing the application.
- Support for grid-launched workspace servers has been added. With grid-launched workspace servers, SAS workspace server requests are passed to SAS Grid Manager, which uses the grid's policy management to decide where to start the server.
- New options for SAS Grid Manager Client Utility have been added, including options to specify how long to wait for results.
Visit our general product information page on www.sas.com for more information.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Grid Manager
SAS Grid Manager 9.4
- Grid Computing in SAS 9.4, Fourth Edition PDF | HTML
- Grid Computing in SAS 9.4, Third Edition PDF | HTML
- Scheduling in SAS 9.4, Second Edition PDF | HTML
- Scalability & Performance focus area, especially on "Grid Computing".
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Grid Manager [HTML]
- SAS Grid Manager titles in online bookstore [HTML]
- SAS Technical Papers for SAS Grid Manager [HTML]
- SAS Global Forum Papers
- The Top Four User-Requested Grid Features Delivered with SAS Grid Manager 9.4 [PDF]
- RTM and SASGSUB, the Power to Know... What Your Grid Is Doing [PDF]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-3228 or e-mail.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-333-7660 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
- You must set the soft and hard limits for open files for SAS Grid Computing in the Solaris operating environment
- The error "Unable to determine user account for execution" might occur when you submit a grid job from a SAS session or with the SASGSUB command