SAS® 9.4 Software
The evolution of the SASŪ9 architecture continues with SAS 9.4. The SAS 9.4 releases continue to fully use multicore technologies to deliver increased processing capabilities through high-performance, in-database and in-memory analytics resulting in greater insights more quickly from big data and streaming data. Important foundational updates allow you to deploy SAS in the manner that best suits your needs. SAS 9.4 delivers a more highly available and resilient platform for deploying SAS in traditional on-site environments along with additional support for private and public cloud deployments. With the third Maintenance release of SAS 9.4, SAS 9.4 TS1M3 (9.4M3), we're also delivering the 14.1 releases of the SAS analytical products, which means rich new features and enhancements for products such as SAS/STAT, SAS Enterprise Miner (including SAS Factory Miner), SAS/ETS and others.
SAS 9.4 includes features that will benefit all of the users at your site.
- For IT departments, SAS 9.4 provides a simplified architecture, increased security, and more deployment options. SAS 9.4M3 includes several enhancements to deployment including faster install times and less manual configuration.
- For SAS administrators, SAS 9.4 reduces your dependence on IT with new management capabilities and administration tools, like the SAS Environment Manager. SAS 9.4M3 includes a new graphical user interface for managing backup and restore functions.
- For data administrators, SAS 9.4 creates a more complete data management solution. Also new programming languages enable you to manipulate your data and access relational data from various data sources. New programming languages enable you to update data on the database and access relational data from various sources.
- For security administrators, the current release provides new options for managing security, including SSL ciphers and updates for JRE. SAS software undergoes continual review and hardening against security vulnerabilities. SAS/SECURE is included with all shipments except where export restrictions apply. Read the summary of the SAS Software Security Framework development lifecycle, which includes a link to a more detailed security whitepaper and a link to the list of Security Bulletins from SAS.
- For SAS programmers, we offer SAS Studio, a developmental web application for SAS that you access through your web browser. With SAS Studio, you can access your data files, libraries, and existing programs, and you can write new programs. SAS 9.4M3 adds programming language enhancements including enhancements to Hadoop and LUA support.
- For the business user, reports are available from a variety of mobile devices, so you have the information that you need, when you need it.
- For the statistician, new capabilities from high-performance model building to new methods for survival analysis increase your effectiveness and your versatility. SAS Factory Miner was introduced with the Analytical Products 14.1.
For more information about the features of SAS 9.4, read What's New in SAS 9.4. If you are interested in specifics about a particular SAS product or solution,
- Read highlights about the new analytical product releases.
- Find the product or solution in which you are interested in the SAS Product Listing: Index A-Z and review the information on the product page.
SAS Administrators should be aware that Maintenance Releases and Product Updates has information about migrating to SAS 9.4.