SAS® 9.4 Software
The evolution of the SASŪ9 architecture continues with SAS 9.4. This release, which initially shipped in July 2013, fully uses multicore technologies to deliver increased processing capabilities through high-performance, in-database and in-memory analytics resulting in greater insights more quickly from big data and streaming data. Important foundational updates allow you to deploy SAS in the manner that best suits your needs. SAS 9.4 delivers a more highly available and resilient platform for deploying SAS in traditional on-site environments along with additional support for private and public cloud deployments. With the first Maintenance release of SAS 9.4, SAS 9.4 TS1M1 (9.4M1), we're also delivering the 13.1 releases of the SAS analytical products, which means rich new features and enhancements for products such as SAS/STAT, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS/ETS and others.
SAS 9.4 includes features that will benefit all of the users at your site.
- For IT departments, SAS 9.4 provides a simplified architecture, increased security, and more deployment options.
- For SAS administrators, SAS 9.4 reduces your dependence on IT with new management capabilities and administration tools. View the SAS Talks webinar SAS 9.4: What's New for SAS Administrators for more information.
- For data administrators, the integration of the DataFlux products creates a more complete data management solution. Also new programming languages enable you to manipulate your data and access relational data from various data sources. New programming languages enable you to update data on the database and access relational data from various sources.
- For SAS programmers, we've added enhancements that enable you to write code that gives you faster results via DS2 and the unbundling of our high-performance procedures. Review the Base SAS Focus Area for more information.
- For the business user, reports are available from a variety of mobile devices, so you have the information that you need, when you need it.
- For the statistician, new capabilities from high-performance model building to new methods for survival analysis increase your effectiveness and your versatility.
For more information about the features of SAS 9.4, read What's New in SAS 9.4. If you are interested in more specifics about a particular SAS product or solution, find the product or solution in which you are interested in the SAS Product Listing: Index A-Z and review the information on the product page. Maintenance Releases and Product Updates has information about migrating to SAS 9.4.