SAS® Environment Manager
SAS Environment Manager is a web-based administration solution for a SAS environment. The application can administer, monitor, and manage SAS resources, including servers and services. The application collects and charts data on metrics for monitored resources, providing a comprehensive view of resource health and operation. The application provides SAS administrators with a dashboard that presents aggregated data from monitored resources, enabling them to gauge the effectiveness of their entire SAS environment.
SAS Environment Manager is licensed for and restricted to the monitoring and management of SAS Technologies, solutions, and the necessary associated supporting infrastructures. Other uses are restricted in accordance with your SAS Master License Agreement.
SAS Environment Manager is supported on Linux for SAS Viya environments and on all SAS Version 9 environment systems except for z/OS.
The most recent releases for SAS® Viya are:
The most recent releases for SAS 9.4 are:
NewsWhat's New in SAS Environment Manager 3.1
SAS Environment Manager 3.1 has been completely rewritten to work specifically with SAS Viya environments. Its Web-based user interface adopts the new, consistent HTML5-based look and feel shared by all SAS Viya products. Its monitoring and administrative capabilities are tailored to managing this next generation high-performance analytics platform. Authorization, data and content management, configuration, and mobile access are now all governed within the same unified application.
Note that SAS Environment Manager 2.x will continue to serve the monitoring and administrative capabilities for SAS Version 9 environments.
What's New in SAS Environment Manager 2.5
SAS Environment Manager 2.5 enables you to manage metadata definitions for SAS users, servers, and libraries, to implement a federated data mart, and to collect and report upon metric data from a SAS Grid. In addition, log collection and discovery is improved and the Report Center uses only stored process prompts, which enables you to better control reports created from metric data.
SAS Environment Manager is a tool available in SAS 9.4 and is delivered as part of the SAS middle tier.
- For an overview of SAS Environment Manager, please read Monitoring 101: New Features in SASŪ 9.4 for Monitoring Your SAS Intelligence Platform.
- In October, SAS Environment Manager added a new monitoring plug-in: SAS Job Monitor integrates information from SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Server, and specific jobs from DataFlux Data Management Studio so that you can oversee the state of jobs that are run from these applications. Help is available from within the product.
Free Online Documentation
- Most recent release for SAS Environment Manager
SAS Environment Manager 2.5
- SAS Environment Manager 2.5: User's Guide, Third Edition
- SAS Environment Manager 2.5: User's Guide, Second Edition PDF | HTML
- SAS Environment Manager 2.5 Administration: User's Guide PDF | HTML
- System Requirements--SAS Environment Manager 2.5 PDF
- All online documentation for supported releases of SAS Environment Manager [HTML]
SAS Publishing Representatives are available in the U.S. from 8-5 ET to answer your documentation questions. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
TrainingSAS currently does not offer public training for SAS Environment Manager software. You may submit your requests for training using our Interest List.
Your input will be reviewed as we develop the course schedule throughout the year. From time to time, we are able to add course dates to our schedule based on your input.
Curriculum consultants are available in the U.S. from 9-5 EST. Contact us at 1-800-727-0025, option 4 or e-mail.
International customers, please contact your country office.
Online Support ResourcesThis page contains online support resources that are specific to this product. Visit the Support page to access various self-help and assisted-help resources or submit a problem through the SAS Technical Support form.
SAS Administration Deployment CommunityShare your experiences, questions and ideas with other SAS Environment Manager users.