SAS Global Certification program
SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst Using SAS 9: Regression and Modeling Credential
Designed for SAS professionals who use SAS/STAT software to conduct and interpret complex statistical data analysisSuccessful candidates should have experience in
Required ExamCandidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Statistical Business Analysis Using SAS 9: Regression and Modeling exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 60 scored multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 68% correct to pass)
- In addition to the 60 scored items, there may be up to 5 unscored items.
- 2 hours to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-240; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
Exam topics include:ANOVA
- Verify the assumptions of ANOVA
- Analyze differences between population means using the GLM and TTEST procedures
- Perform ANOVA post hoc test to evaluate treatment effect
- Detect and analyze interactions between factors
- Fit a multiple linear regression model using the REG and GLM procedures
- Analyze the output of the REG procedure for multiple linear regression models
- Use the REG procedure to perform model selection
- Assess the validity of a given regression model through the use of diagnostic and residual analysis
- Perform logistic regression with the LOGISTIC procedure
- Optimize model performance through input selection
- Interpret the output of the LOGISTIC procedure
- Score new data sets using the LOGISTIC and SCORE procedures
- Identify potential problems with input data
- Use the DATA step to manipulate data with loops, arrays, conditional statements and functions
- Reduce the number of categorical levels in a predictive model
- Screen variables for irrelevance using the CORR procedure
- Screen variables for non-linearity using empirical logit plots
- Apply the principles of honest assessment to model performance measurement
- Assess classifier performance using the confusion matrix
- Model selection and validation using training and validation data
- Create and interpret graphs (ROC, lift, and gains charts) for model comparison and selection
- Establish effective decision cut-off values for scoring
Best Value! Save 37%.
Statistical Business Analyst Certification Package
Available in U.S. and Canada
Statistical Business Analyst Certification
- View the sample questions for this exam.
More information:Contact the SAS Global Certification Program at email@example.com or 800-333-7660.
Registration Options:Registration with Pearson VUE can be made online or by phone only. No registration can be done within a test facility. A minimum of 24 hours is required for registration for returning candidates. First-time candidates require additional time as listed.
Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas. Follow these easy steps once on the site:
- Attention first-time users:
You must create a new Web account within Pearson VUE before you can schedule a SAS exam. This can take up to two business days based on information provided to produce your username and password needed for exam registration.
- Returning users:
If you have previously taken a test with Pearson VUE and created a Web account, but do not remember your sign-in information, there are links within Pearson VUE to help obtain this information.
- Attention first-time users:
To register by phone, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select the 'Schedule By Phone'. Numbers for your location will be provided.
Testing LocationsRegister with Pearson VUE as indicated above.
For SAS-sponsored US testing, visit SAS-sponsored Testing Events in the US. For SAS-sponsored testing outside the US, please contact your local SAS office.
Exam PricingWithin North America and India, the fees associated with an exam offered through Pearson VUE is $180 USD.
Certification exam prices are subject to change. In some countries, different pricing and additional taxes may apply. Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas for exam pricing in your country.
- To cancel or reschedule your test appointment, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select 'Cancel a Test' or 'Reschedule a Test.' Tests must be canceled more than 24 hours before the scheduled exam appointment time. Canceling with less than 24 hours' notice will forfeit your exam fee.
- Customers who do not appear for a scheduled exam forfeit the full exam fee. If the exam fee was paid with a voucher, the voucher number will be invalidated and unavailable for future use.
Retake PolicyCandidates may attempt each certification exam up to five times in a 12-month period, waiting a minimum of 14 days between attempts. Exam charges are incurred for each exam attempt. Exams that do not comply with this retake policy will be considered invalid and will not be eligible for refund and/or a certification credential. Once a passing score is achieved on a specific exam, no further attempts are allowed on that exam.
Candidate AgreementCandidates are encouraged to review the SAS Institute Inc. Global Certification Program Candidate Agreement prior to their exam day.
Arriving at the test center: Candidates should plan to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled exam time. Candidates arriving more than 15 minutes late are not guaranteed exam availability or a refund.
Reference materials: To maintain the security of the test environment, candidates are not permitted to bring reference materials of any kind into the testing center.
Personal items: The only items allowed in the testing area are your identification. Please leave any backpacks, laptops, briefcases and other personal items at home. If you have personal items that cannot be left behind (such as purses), the testing center may have lockers available for use. No cameras, cell phones, audio players, or other electronic devices are allowed during exam sessions. Please refer to Pearson VUE Candidate Rules Agreement for more information.
All notes will be collected at the end of testing and no material may be removed from the testing event.
Score ReportYou will receive an immediate pass/fail score upon completion of your exam attempt at your testing facility. The score report will display the percentage of items in each section that you answered correctly for your exam. Please note: These section scores are calculated on a per section basis and cannot be used in determining your total score. They are provided to you for descriptive purposes only.
Welcome E-mail and CertificateIf you pass your exam and meet all requirements for this credential, you will receive an e-mail from SAS with instructions providing access to your certificate and logo through the Certification Records Management System. This e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you provided to Pearson VUE at exam registration. Some individual firewalls may send this e-mail to your junk folder. Please allow at least one week from your exam date to receive your e-mail.
Within Certification Records Management system, your certificate can be accessed on the left navigation bar under "Printable Documents." To print your certificate, your pop-up blocker should be disabled before clicking the "Print Now" button. Click on "Print Now" and your certificate will open in a new window where you can download and/or print.
Certain credentials require more than one exam to earn the credential. We encourage you to visit credentials and exams for more information.