SAS Global Certification program
SAS Certified Data Integration Developer for SAS 9 Credential
Tests the candidate's ability to apply the skills and knowledge necessary for Data Integration Development in the SAS environmentSuccessful candidates should be skilled in tasks such as
Required ExamCandidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Data Integration Development for SAS 9 exam. This exam based on SAS 9.4 using Data Integration Studio 4.8 and is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 76 multiple-choice questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass)
- 105 minutes to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-260; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
Exam topics include:Overview
- Define the architecture of the platform for SAS Business Analytics.
- Describe the available interfaces.
- Define the change management feature of SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Discuss the DataFlux Data Management Server.
- Define administrative tasks to be performed for SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Describe the New Library Wizard.
- Use Register Tables wizard to register source data.
- Use Register Tables wizard to register metadata for a Microsoft Access database table using ODBC.
- Register metadata for a comma-delimited external file.
- Import and Export Metadata.
- Describe features of the New Table wizard.
- Discuss SAS packages.
- Discuss importing and exporting of relational metadata.
- Discuss components of Join's Designer window.
- Investigate mapping and propagation.
- Work with performance statistics.
- Generate reports on metadata for tables and jobs.
- Define Impact and Reverse Impact Analysis.
- Import macro-based SAS code.
- Import SAS code.
- Discuss and use the Extract and Summary Statistics transformation.
- Discuss and use the Loop transformations.
- Investigate where status handling is available.
- Discuss and use the Data Validation transformation.
- Discuss and use the Rank, Transpose, Append, List and Sort transformations.
- Discuss and use the Apply Lookup Standardization transformation.
- Discuss and use the Compare Tables transformation.
- Discuss and use transformations in the SQL grouping of transformations.
- Apply and use the Standardize with Definition transformation.
- Discuss reasons to use the Table Loader transformation.
- Discuss various load styles provided by the Table Loader transformation.
- Discuss various types of keys and how to define in SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Discuss indexes and how to define in SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Discuss Table Loader options for keys and indexes.
- Discuss the Bulk Table Loader transformation.
- Discuss components of the Join's Designer window.
- List the functions of the SCD Type 2 transformation.
- Define business keys.
- Define surrogate and retained keys.
- Detect and track changes.
- Discuss the Lookup transformation.
- Discuss the SCD Type 1 Loader.
- Define SAS code transformation templates.
- Create a custom transformation
- Discuss the types of job deployment available for SAS Data Integration Studio Jobs.
- Provide an overview of the scheduling process.
- Discuss the types of scheduling servers.
- Discuss the Schedule Manager in SAS Management Console.
- Discuss batch servers.
- Describe deployment of SAS Data Integration Studio jobs as a SAS Stored Process.
- Import SAS code.
Training:Get training from SAS experts. To view training options in your country, choose your location above.
- View the sample questions for this exam.
More information:Contact the SAS Global Certification Program at email@example.com or 800-727-0025.
Registration Options:Registration with Pearson VUE can be made online or by phone only. No registration can be done within a test facility. A minimum of 24 hours is required for registration for returning candidates. First-time candidates require additional time as listed.
Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas. Follow these easy steps once on the site:
- Attention first-time users:
You must create a new Web account within Pearson VUE before you can schedule a SAS exam. This can take up to two business days based on information provided to produce your username and password needed for exam registration.
- Returning users:
If you have previously taken a test with Pearson VUE and created a Web account, but do not remember your sign-in information, there are links within Pearson VUE to help obtain this information.
- Attention first-time users:
To register by phone, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select the 'Schedule By Phone'. Numbers for your location will be provided.
Testing LocationsRegister with Pearson VUE as indicated above.
For SAS-sponsored US testing, visit SAS-sponsored Testing Events in the US. For SAS-sponsored testing outside the US, please contact your local SAS office.
Exam PricingWithin North America and India, the fees associated with an exam offered through Pearson VUE is $180 USD.
Certification exam prices are subject to change. In some countries, different pricing and additional taxes may apply. Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas for exam pricing in your country.
- To cancel or reschedule your test appointment, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select 'Cancel a Test' or 'Reschedule a Test.' Tests must be canceled more than 24 hours before the scheduled exam appointment time. Canceling with less than 24 hours' notice will forfeit your exam fee.
- Customers who do not appear for a scheduled exam forfeit the full exam fee. If the exam fee was paid with a voucher, the voucher number will be invalidated and unavailable for future use.
Retake PolicyCandidates may attempt each certification exam up to five times in a 12-month period, waiting a minimum of 14 days between attempts. Exam charges are incurred for each exam attempt. Exams that do not comply with this retake policy will be considered invalid and will not be eligible for refund and/or a certification credential. Once a passing score is achieved on a specific exam, no further attempts are allowed on that exam.
Candidate AgreementCandidates are encouraged to review the SAS Institute Inc. Global Certification Program Candidate Agreement prior to their exam day.
Arriving at the test center: Candidates should plan to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled exam time. Candidates arriving more than 15 minutes late are not guaranteed exam availability or a refund.
Reference materials: To maintain the security of the test environment, candidates are not permitted to bring reference materials of any kind into the testing center.
Personal items: The only items allowed in the testing area are your identification. Please leave any backpacks, laptops, briefcases and other personal items at home. If you have personal items that cannot be left behind (such as purses), the testing center may have lockers available for use. No cameras, cell phones, audio players, or other electronic devices are allowed during exam sessions. Please refer to Pearson VUE Candidate Rules Agreement for more information.
All notes will be collected at the end of testing and no material may be removed from the testing event.
Score ReportYou will receive an immediate pass/fail score upon completion of your exam attempt at your testing facility. The score report will display the percentage of items in each section that you answered correctly for your exam. Please note: These section scores are calculated on a per section basis and cannot be used in determining your total score. They are provided to you for descriptive purposes only.
Welcome E-mail and CertificateIf you pass your exam and meet all requirements for this credential, you will receive an e-mail from SAS with instructions providing access to your certificate and logo through the Certification Records Management System. This e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you provided to Pearson VUE at exam registration. Some individual firewalls may send this e-mail to your junk folder. Please allow at least one week from your exam date to receive your e-mail.
Within Certification Records Management system, your certificate can be accessed on the left navigation bar under "Printable Documents." To print your certificate, your pop-up blocker should be disabled before clicking the "Print Now" button. Click on "Print Now" and your certificate will open in a new window where you can download and/or print.
Certain credentials require more than one exam to earn the credential. We encourage you to visit credentials and exams for more information.