SAS Global Certification program
SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9
Validates a candidates' ability to apply SAS programming skills to clinical trials dataSuccessful candidates should have experience in
The preparation materials listed below assume the candidate has little familiarity with SAS programming and the clinical trials industry. Depending on your level of experience, you may not require all preparation components. For example, a SAS Certified Base Programmer would not require the Programming 1 and 2 classes. Please review the exam objectives and then determine which materials will complete your preparation.
* This credential is related to clinical trials programming. If your work is more related to clinical data integration, please see the SAS Clinical Data Integration: Essentials course.
- SAS Programming in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Jack Shostak
- Clinical Trials: A Practical Guide to Design, Analysis, and Reporting, Duolao Wang, Ameet Bakhai
- Introducing the CDISC Standards: New Efficiencies for Medical Research, Amanda J. de Montjoie
- Validating Clinical Trial Data Reporting with SAS, Carol Matthews & Brian Shilling
White Papers, Proceedings, Standards
- CDISC SDTM and ADaM Standards Documentation
- PharmaSUG 2008 Proceedings: SQL or not SQL When Performing Many-to-Many Merge (.pdf)
- SUGI 30 Paper: Exploring DICTIONARY Tables and Views (.pdf)
View the sample questions for this exam.
Preparation options may vary by country
|Choose a country for specific training options.|
For more informationContact the SAS Global Certification Program at email@example.com or 800-333-7660.
Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas. Follow these easy steps once on the site:
- Attention first-time users:
You must create a new Web account within Pearson VUE before you can schedule a SAS exam. This can take up to two business days based on information provided to produce your username and password needed for exam registration.
- Returning users:
If you have previously taken a test with Pearson VUE and created a Web account, but do not remember your sign-in information, there are links within Pearson VUE to help obtain this information.
- Attention first-time users:
To register by phone, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select the 'Schedule By Phone'. Numbers for your location will be provided.
Testing LocationsRegister with Pearson VUE as indicated above.
For SAS-sponsored US testing, visit SAS-sponsored Testing Events in the US.
Exam PricingWithin North America and India, the fees associated with an exam offered through Pearson VUE is $180 USD.
Certification exam prices are subject to change. In some countries, different pricing and additional taxes may apply. Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas for exam pricing in your country.
- To cancel or reschedule your test appointment, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select 'Cancel a Test' or 'Reschedule a Test.' Tests must be canceled more than 24 hours before the scheduled exam appointment time. Canceling with less than 24 hours' notice will forfeit your exam fee.
- Customers who do not appear for a scheduled exam forfeit the full exam fee. If the exam fee was paid with a voucher, the voucher number will be invalidated and unavailable for future use.
Retake PolicyCandidates may attempt each certification exam up to five times in a 12-month period, waiting a minimum of 14 days between attempts. Exam charges are incurred for each exam attempt. Exams that do not comply with this retake policy will be considered invalid and will not be eligible for refund and/or a certification credential. Once a passing score is achieved on a specific exam, no further attempts are allowed on that exam.
Candidate AgreementCandidates are encouraged to review the SAS Institute Inc. Global Certification Program Candidate Agreement prior to their exam day.
Arriving at the test center: Candidates should plan to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled exam time. Candidates arriving more than 15 minutes late are not guaranteed exam availability or a refund.
Reference materials: To maintain the security of the test environment, candidates are not permitted to bring reference materials of any kind into the testing center.
Personal items: The only items allowed in the testing area are your identification. Please leave any backpacks, laptops, briefcases and other personal items at home. If you have personal items that cannot be left behind (such as purses), the testing center may have lockers available for use. No cameras, cell phones, audio players, or other electronic devices are allowed during exam sessions. Please refer to Pearson VUE Candidate Rules Agreement for more information.
All notes will be collected at the end of testing and no material may be removed from the testing event.