SAS Global Certification program
SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 Credential
Represents the upper echelon of SAS programmers who demonstrate a high level of proficiency in SAS programming expertiseSuccessful candidates should be skilled in tasks such as
Required ExamCandidates who earn this credential will have taken and earned passing scores of the following two exams: 1) SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 exam, and 2) SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9 exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 60-65 multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 65% correct to pass)
- 2 hours to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-212; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
Exam topics include:Accessing Data Using SQL
- Generate detail reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Generate summary reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Construct sub-queries and in-line views within an SQL procedure step.
- Compare solving a problem using the SQL procedure versus using traditional SAS programming techniques.
- Access Dictionary Tables using the SQL procedure.
- Create and use user-defined and automatic macro variables within the SAS Macro Language.
- Automate programs by defining and calling macros using the SAS Macro Language.
- Understand the use of macro functions.
- Use various system options that are available for macro debugging and displaying values of user-defined and automatic macro variables in the SAS log.
- Create data-driven programs using SAS Macro Language.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced data look-up techniques such as array processing, hash objects, formats, and combining/merging data.
- Reduce computing resource requirements by controlling the space required to store SAS data sets using compression techniques, length statements, or eliminating variables and observations.
- Reduce programming time by developing reusable SAS programs which incorporate data step views, DATA steps that write SAS programs, and the FCMP procedure.
- Perform effective benchmarking by using the appropriate SAS System options and interpreting the resulting resource utilization statistics.
- Identify appropriate applications for using indexes and create them using the DATA step, the DATASETS procedure, or the SQL procedure.
- Compare techniques to eliminate duplicate data using the DATA step, the SORT procedure, and the SQL procedure.
Best Value! Save 50%.
Advanced Certification Package
Available in U.S. and Canada
View the sample questions for this exam.
Preparation options may vary by country
|Choose a country for specific training options.|
For more informationContact the SAS Global Certification Program at email@example.com or 800-333-7660.
Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas. Follow these easy steps once on the site:
- Attention first-time users:
You must create a new Web account within Pearson VUE before you can schedule a SAS exam. This can take up to two business days based on information provided to produce your username and password needed for exam registration.
- Returning users:
If you have previously taken a test with Pearson VUE and created a Web account, but do not remember your sign-in information, there are links within Pearson VUE to help obtain this information.
- Attention first-time users:
To register by phone, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select the 'Schedule By Phone'. Numbers for your location will be provided.
Testing LocationsRegister with Pearson VUE as indicated above.
For SAS-sponsored US testing, visit SAS-sponsored Testing Events in the US.
Exam PricingWithin North America and India, the fees associated with an exam offered through Pearson VUE is $180 USD.
Certification exam prices are subject to change. In some countries, different pricing and additional taxes may apply. Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas for exam pricing in your country.
- To cancel or reschedule your test appointment, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select 'Cancel a Test' or 'Reschedule a Test.' Tests must be canceled more than 24 hours before the scheduled exam appointment time. Canceling with less than 24 hours' notice will forfeit your exam fee.
- Customers who do not appear for a scheduled exam forfeit the full exam fee. If the exam fee was paid with a voucher, the voucher number will be invalidated and unavailable for future use.
Retake PolicyCandidates may attempt each certification exam up to five times in a 12-month period, waiting a minimum of 14 days between attempts. Exam charges are incurred for each exam attempt. Exams that do not comply with this retake policy will be considered invalid and will not be eligible for refund and/or a certification credential. Once a passing score is achieved on a specific exam, no further attempts are allowed on that exam.
Candidate AgreementCandidates are encouraged to review the SAS Institute Inc. Global Certification Program Candidate Agreement prior to their exam day.
Arriving at the test center: Candidates should plan to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled exam time. Candidates arriving more than 15 minutes late are not guaranteed exam availability or a refund.
Reference materials: To maintain the security of the test environment, candidates are not permitted to bring reference materials of any kind into the testing center.
Personal items: The only items allowed in the testing area are your identification. Please leave any backpacks, laptops, briefcases and other personal items at home. If you have personal items that cannot be left behind (such as purses), the testing center may have lockers available for use. No cameras, cell phones, audio players, or other electronic devices are allowed during exam sessions. Please refer to Pearson VUE Candidate Rules Agreement for more information.
All notes will be collected at the end of testing and no material may be removed from the testing event.