SAS® Third Party Software Requirements - JBoss Application Server Support Statement
Red Hat provides JBoss software in two forms:
- JBoss Community projects: innovative, fast moving, freely available open source projects targeted at developers. Ideal for experimentation and exploring early feature capabilities; not supported for production use. Led by a strong community of JBoss engineers, customers, partners, & user community. A subset of these projects represent the "upstream" of future enterprise products.
- JBoss Enterprise Middleware products: enterprise open source middleware, targeted specifically for mission critical production use JBoss Enterprise Products integrate multiple community projects from various open source communities (JBoss, Apache, Eclipse, etc.) Products are tested & certified, have a defined long-term product life cycle, and are fully backed by a Red Hat subscription. Each JBoss Enterprise product is supported by a large partner ecosystem of ISVs, System Integrators and Software Resellers.
For the middle-tier, SAS customers can choose between two JBoss application servers:
- Red Hat's JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss Enterprise Middleware product) which is fully supported by Red Hat.
- The JBoss.org AS community project (JBoss Community project) which is supported by the user community.
These versions are compared on: Red Hat JBoss community or enterprise?
- Red Hat only supports JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP); they do not officially back the community version from JBoss.org
- Any JBoss EAP defect or technical issue can be reported to Red Hat via their enterprise subscription process.
- Issues identified with JBoss community projects are resolved by the community at the community's leisure (i.e. no service level agreements exist). Red Hat does not formally back these community projects.
- Any issue found in the JBoss.org AS, must first be reproduced in Red Hat's enterprise, supported version (JBoss EAP) before SAS is able to report the issue to Red Hat.
- If the problem does not occur in the Red Hat JBoss EAP version, SAS may recommend moving to the Red Hat version of JBOSS as a remedy.
Explore our training options, including on-site classroom, live web, e-learning and one-on-one mentoring.
Validate your SAS knowledge and skills by earning a globally recognized credential from SAS.
Explore documentation on topics of interest to SAS administrators.