IBM WebSphere Application Server Software Version Requirements
SAS 9.2 supports both WebSphere Application Server and the WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment. Some SAS solutions do not support WebSphere Application Server at all; they only support WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment. Other solutions do not support all of the versions or platforms shown below. See the system requirements for your SAS solution for definitive information.
The minimum version requirements for IBM WebSphere Application Server for use with SAS 9.2 (TS2M3) up through revision 10w42 are the same as for the second maintenance release for SAS 9.2 (TS2M2).
IBM WebSphere Application Server (32-bit)
|Windows (32-bit x86)|
Solaris 9 (64-bit SPARC)
IBM WebSphere Application Server (64-bit)
|Windows (64-bit x86)|
AIX 5.3, 6.1 (64-bit) with recommended maintenance packages
Solaris 10 (64-bit SPARC)
Solaris 10 (64-bit x86-64)
Linux (64-bit x86) (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5; Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, and 11)
z/OS (V1.7, V1.8, V1.9, V1.10, or V1.11)
|Linux (64-bit x86-64) (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6)||188.8.131.52|
- WebSphere is packaged with its own JDK, which cannot be switched for another JDK.
- To contact an IBM representative or to place an order for WebSphere, see the IBM Application Infrastructure page. You can reach a representative by calling the toll-free telephone number under "We're here to help" in the right pane.
- You must review and follow the instructions in the section below "WebSphere Application Server Fix Packs" to obtain and apply the required fix pack from IBM.
- Before you run the SAS® Deployment Wizard to install SAS software and configure IBM WebSphere, review the IBM WebSphere Application Server Documentation below.
- To configure web authentication with WebSphere 7, you must use WebSphere 184.108.40.206 or later.
IBM WebSphere Application Server Fix Packs
SAS 9.2 supports IBM WebSphere Application Server with a designated WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack applied. The separate fix pack must be installed to bring it to the supported level.
- Before applying a fix pack, you need to download and install the appropriate Update Installer. The Update Installer is no longer bundled with fix packs.
- Please see the Readme for IBM WebSphere Application Server version 220.127.116.11 or the Readme for IBM WebSphere Application Server version 18.104.22.168 documentation.
- Download the WebSphere Application Server V6.1.0 Fix Pack 21 or WebSphere Application Server V7.0.0 Fix Pack 9 into the Update Installers maintenance directory. Please note that there are unique fix packs for each platform. Select the correct tab on the page for your applicable platform.
- Invoke the Update Installer to apply the fix pack.
IBM WebSphere Application Server Configuration Documentation
Note: SAS does not provide documentation that describes how to secure your IBM WebSphere Application Server. For information about securing WebSphere Application Server, refer to the IBM documentation. For example, IBM produces the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 Security Handbook and WebSphere Application Server V7.0 Security Guide.
- Pre-Installation Steps for JBoss, WebLogic, and WebSphere Application Servers with SAS 9.2
- Best Practices for Installing and Configuring IBM WebSphere Network Deployment Before Running SAS Deployment Wizard
- Running SAS Deployment Wizard on UNIX with a Nonroot User Account and IBM WebSphere Application Server
- Post-Installation Steps for JBoss, WebLogic, and WebSphereApplication Servers with SAS 9.2
- Configuring IBM WebSphere Application Server for SAS Web Applications (manual procedure) - WIN
- SAS 9.2 Web Applications: Tuning for Performance and Scalability
- Upgrading IBM WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1 to Version 7.0 for SAS 9.2 Maintenance 3 (TS2M3)
- Configuring IBM HTTP Server as a Reverse Proxy Server for SAS 9.2 Web Applications Deployed on IBM WebSphere Application Server
- Configuring IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 for Web Authentication
- Configuring IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0 for Web Authentication with SAS 9.2 Web Applications
- Configuring Integrated Windows Authentication for IBM WebSphere with SAS 9.2 Web Applications
- Securing SAS 9.2 Web Applications with SiteMinder
- Securing SAS 9.2 Web Applications with IBM Tivioli Access Manager WebSEAL