What's New in the SAS 9.1.3 Intelligence Platform
SAS creates and delivers enterprise intelligence through the SAS Intelligence Platform. The platform provides the end-to-end infrastructure that is necessary for exploring, analyzing, optimizing, reporting, and understanding your data. The SAS Intelligence Platform is comprised of the following software packages: SAS BI Server, SAS Enterprise BI Server, SAS Data Integration Server, SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server, and SAS Intelligence Storage.
For documentation about how to install and administer the SAS Intelligence Platform, see http://support.sas.com/913administration. These documents are also available from SAS 9.1.3 OnlineDoc on the Web at http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/docMainpage.jsp.
Changes to the Administration Documentation Library
The SAS Intelligence Platform: Administration Guide has been divided into five documents to address particular audience needs. For example, there are now separate documents for a database administrator and a Web applications administrator.
The SAS OLAP Server: Administrator's Guide and SAS Web Infrastructure Kit: Administrator's Guide are now fully integrated into the SAS Intelligence Platform library, and no longer exist as separate documents.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Pre-installation Checklists includes updated checklists that you should complete before you install the platform. The checklists are duplicated in the installation guide for your convenience. For this release, enhancements include a new pre-installation checklist for Xythos WebFile Server.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Installation Guide explains step by step how to install and configure the software. This document includes a duplicate set of the pre-installation checklists. For this release, the troubleshooting chapter was updated and moved to a separate document. Other changes include more instructions for building a depot on a UNIX system and additional information about installing Xythos WebFile Server.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Troubleshooting Your Initial Installation is a new document that explains how to diagnose and fix problems that occur when you first install the platform.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide covers administrative and maintenance tasks that apply to the platform as a whole. It contains new and revised information about starting and stopping servers, checking the status of servers, setting server logging options, administering the SAS Metadata Server and SAS Metadata Repositories, and scheduling SAS jobs.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide explains the security model for the SAS Intelligence Platform and provides instructions for performing security-related administrative tasks, with an emphasis on suite-wide aspects of the security functionality that SAS provides. This release includes a new chapter on OLAP member-level permissions.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide covers administrative tasks that are related to data management, including connecting to data sources, managing libraries, optimizing data storage, and managing OLAP cube data.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Application Server Administration Guide covers administrative tasks that are related to the SAS Application Server, a logical entity that can include a SAS Workspace Server, a SAS Stored Process Server, a SAS OLAP Server, and a SAS/CONNECT Server. This document also contains administrative tasks for batch servers and grid servers.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide covers administrative tasks related to SAS desktop applications such as SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS Management Console, and others.
- SAS Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide explains how to administer the SAS Web applications that run in the middle tier of the platform, including the SAS Information Delivery Portal, SAS Web Report Studio, and SAS Web OLAP Viewer for Java.