Documentation for installing SAS 9.3 in Windows 32-bit and x64 operating environments
To install SAS 9.3 in a Windows operating environment, start with the Software Order E-mail (SOE) that you received from SAS. This e-mail contains details such as the order number, the installation key, and the type of installation you have: Basic or Planning.
The QuickStart Guide documents provide instructions for creating the depot and installing and deploying your order.
Select the correct guide for your order based on the delivery media and whether it is Basic or Planning.
Electronic Software Delivery
Physical Software Delivery
The numbered items below should be viewed as a summary of the QuickStart Guides but not as a replacement for them.
- Verify the system requirements:
- Read Basic Order Installation Instructions -
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.3: User's Guide
- Read Planning Order Installation and Configuration Instructions
- Perform any appropriate post-installation configuration:
- If appropriate, install and deploy software on the client and middle tiers.
Documentation for other systems can be found at the
Renew your software license
Instructions for applying a new SAS Installation Data (SID) file are