Documentation for a SAS 9.3 installation in a z/OS operating environment
To install SAS 9.3 under z/OS, begin with the Software Order E-mail (SOE)
you received from SAS Institute. This e-mail contains information about your order such as the order number,
the SAS Installation Key, and the Deployment Type you have: Basic or Planning.
The Installation Instructions documents provide instructions for installing and deploying your order.
Select the correct instructions for your order based on the delivery media and whether it is Basic or Planning.
Physical Software Delivery
The following items are referenced in the Installation Instructions.
- Verify the system requirements -
System Requirements for SAS 9.3 Foundation for z/OS
- All users should review this user's guide -
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.3: User's Guide
- Users with planned deployments should read these installation and configuration instructions
- Perform any appropriate post-installation configuration:
- For planned deployments, install and deploy software on the client and middle tiers.
Documentation for other systems can be found at the
Renew your software license
Instructions for applying a new SAS Installation Data (SID) file are
Physical Software Delivery – Cartridge Media No Longer Shipping
SAS software is no longer shipped on cartridge media. These installation documents are provided for customers who have already received cartridge media: