Problem Note 41090: Updating/renewing a SAS® Activity-Based Management release 7.x license on SAS 9.2
Please follow these instructions to renew/update the license for your SAS Activity-Based Management solution.
Before you begin, ensure that you have obtained your new SETINIT from your SAS
representative. Your SETINIT is contained in a SAS Installation Data
file (also known as a SID file) that is attached to your software
order e-mail (also referred to as the SOE).
On the data-tier machine, invoke the Renew SAS Software utility, as
1. The default location for the SAS 9.2 SID files is:
<drive>:\SAS Software Depot\sid_files
2. Select Start ► Programs ► SAS ► SAS 9.2 License Renewal and Utilities ► Renew SAS Software
3. In Step 1 of the wizard, designate a SAS Installation Data (SID) file.
4. In Step 2 of the wizard, specify the product location.
On the middle-tier machine, please follow these steps:
1. Ensure that you have saved the new SID file on the middle-tier machine(s) that contain your SAS Activity-Based Management solution.
2. Ensure that the SAS Metadata Server is running.
3. Navigate to
and launch <config.exe> (Windows) as the SAS Installer user.
4. In the SAS Deployment Manager, select 'Update SID File in Metadata'.
5. On the next page of the wizard, specify the configuration directory path and the level (for example, Lev1) for your SAS Activity-Based Management solution.
6. On the next page of the wizard, enter the user ID and password for an unrestricted administrative user.
7. On the next page of the wizard, enter the absolute path to the new SID file on the machine.
8. Select 'Start'.
When the SAS Deployment Manager has successfully updated your SETINIT, you will see the "Deployment Complete" message at the top of the window with a green check in the text box.
9. Select 'Finish'.
The SAS Deployment Manager has located the new SETINIT and loaded it into metadata. The license for your SAS Activity-Based Management solution has been renewed.
10. Repeat steps 4 - 11 on any other machines that run a SAS Performance Management Solution.
Important: After renewing your SAS license on the data-tier and the middle-tier, please reboot the application servers.