How do I create a folder shortcut to my existing SAS files?
In SAS Studio, you can view your data and results from the navigation pane, as shown in this screenshot.
To access this SAS content from within a SAS program, use these guidelines:
- To access content from My Folders, use /folders/myfolders/filename. If you are running the SAS University Edition vApp using VirtualBox, VMware Workstation Player, VMware Fusion, or VMware Player, My Folders is the location of the default shared folder for your virtualization software. To use a file in SAS University Edition on Amazon Web Services Marketplace, you must upload the file via SAS Studio.
- To access content from a folder shortcut (which is a shortcut to directories on your local computer), use /folders/myshortcuts/folder-name. If you are running the SAS University Edition vApp using VirtualBox, VMware Workstation Player, VMware Fusion, or VMware Player, these folder shortcuts must be defined as additional shared folders in your virtualization software.
- Always use '/' in the directory path, even in Windows operating environments.
- Enclose any directory paths that contain a macro variable in double quotation marks (").
- Directory paths and filenames are case sensitive.
*In SAS Studio, some code snippets might use a hardcoded path for file references. Before saving your work, verify that the directory path is correct for your program.