How do I create a snippet to import my XLS files?
In SAS Studio, you can modify the code in the Import XLSX File snippet to create a new snippet that imports XLS files, which were created in older versions of Microsoft Excel.
- In SAS Studio, open the Snippets section and expand the Snippets > Data folders.
- Right-click Import XLSX File and select Add to My Snippets.
- In the Snippets section, expand My Snippets. You should see the Import XLSX File snippet.
- To view the code for this snippet, double-click Import XLSX File.
- In the DBMS statement in the code, change the deliminator value to XLS and save the code.
- Under the My Snippets folder, change the name of the snippet to Import XLS File (or a name that you prefer).
Now you can use this snippet to import your XLS files.