How do I update to the latest release of SAS University Edition?
A new release of SAS University Edition became available in June 2017. This release contains SAS Studio 3.6 and SAS 9.4M4 (the fourth maintenance release for SAS 9.4). Whether you can update directly to this release depends on when you last installed SAS University Edition.
- If you installed SAS University Edition on your computer before December 2016, you cannot upgrade to this release. You must download and install the latest release from the Download SAS University Edition website. Before December 2016, the SAS University Edition Information Center looked like this:
- If you installed SAS University Edition after December 2016, you see a message under the Notifications heading in the SAS University Edition Information Center as updates become available. After December 2016, the SAS University Edition Information Center looks like this:
Here is what you can expect when you update SAS University Edition:
- In the SAS University Edition Information Center under the Notifications heading, click Download. When the download completes, you should see a "download completed successfully" message and an Update button.
- Click Update, and then click Yes in the confirmation window. This update takes several minutes and requires a restart of the virtual machine. You cannot run SAS Studio while these updates are applied.
When SAS University Edition finishes applying the updates, a "SAS University Edition is up-to-date" message appears under the Notifications heading. Now click Start SAS Studio to reopen SAS Studio and continue your work.
* You do not need to update your virtualization software in order to update SAS University Edition.