This course covers the majority of content of both DataFlux Data Management Studio: Essentials and DataFlux Data Management Studio: Advanced. It introduces DataFlux Data Management Studio and then expands your knowledge of the applications and components of Data Management Studio. The course includes topics for data explorations and profiling, data jobs to perform data management tasks (such as data quality and entity resolution), data monitoring, usage of DataFlux Expression Engine Language, custom metrics, macro variables, and process jobs.
Learn how to
- Understand data explorations.
- Create and review data profiles.
- Create data jobs to improve data quality.
- Create data jobs to perform entity resolution.
- Establish monitoring aspects for your data.
- Work with the DataFlux Expression Engine Language.
- Create and use custom metrics.
- Define and use macro variables.
- Create process jobs.
There currently are no prerequisites for this course.
This course addresses DataFlux Data Management Studio, DataFlux Data Management Server software.
Introduction and Course Flow
DataFlux Data Management Studio: Getting Started
- Introduction to DataFlux Data Management applications.
- Course flow.
Working through the PLAN Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- Reviewing quality knowledge base and reference sources.
- Establish data connections.
ACT: Introduction to Data Jobs
- Reviewing data explorations.
- Creating and reviewing data profiles.
- Designing data standardization schemes.
- Introduction to data jobs.
- Setting options for data jobs.
- Creating a simple data job.
ACT: Entity Resolution
- Investigating standardization.
- Working with a Field Layout node.
- Investigating parsing and casing.
- Investigating right fielding and identification analysis.
- Working with Branch and Data Validation nodes.
- Investigating gender analysis.
Working through the MONITOR Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- Creating match codes.
- Clustering records.
- Adding survivorship to the entity resolution job.
- Adding field-level rules for the surviving record.
- Defining business rules.
- Data profiling with business rules and alerts.
- Processing business rules in data jobs.
- Data jobs with business rules.
- Data jobs with monitoring tasks.
DataFlux Expression Engine Language
- Overview of remaining course topics.
- Clean data, new repositories, default macro variables.
Expression Node in Data Jobs
- Introduction and overview of DataFlux Expression Engine Language (EEL).
- Creating dynamic fields for a profile using EEL.
- Working with the Expression node.
- Reviewing the IF/ELSE statement.
- Reviewing return status
Parameterization with Macros
- Reviewing and working with custom metrics in a data profile.
- Using custom metrics in a business rule.
Essentials of Process Jobs
- Creating a macro file.
- Using macros in a data profile.
- Using macros in a data job.
Creating Advanced Process Jobs
- Introduction to process jobs.
- Examining source bindings in a simple process job.
Tips, Tricks, and Other Topics
- Working with conditional processing.
- Working with work tables and events.
- How data is processed in a data job.
- Job optimization.
- Tips for building and testing jobs.
- Working with the Data Management Server.
- Promote to production.