This course provides students with the essential knowledge to perform the job functions of a SAS platform administrator.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Platform Administration for SAS 9.
Learn how to
- administer and back up SAS metadata
- administer SAS Metadata Server
- administer SAS servers
- monitor, log, and troubleshoot SAS servers
- use SAS Environment Manager.
Who should attend
Before attending this course, it is useful but not required to have experience with the platform for SAS Business Analytics. You can gain this experience by attending the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console, SAS Environment Manager software.
Reviewing the Platform for SAS Business Analytics
Reviewing SAS Platform Architecture Components
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- reviewing deployment administration tasks
- reviewing maintenance administration tasks
- reviewing metadata administration tasks
- reviewing ongoing administration tasks
Understanding SAS Metadata, SAS Authentication, and Identity Imports
- exploring the platform architecture
- operating SAS servers and spawners
- exploring SAS Environment Manager
- exploring SAS Environment Manager service architecture
Managing SAS Compute Servers and Spawners
- exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories
- implementing a SAS Metadata Server cluster
- backing up the SAS environment
- reviewing SAS authentication mechanisms
- using import macros
Monitoring Your SAS Environment
- understanding SAS Compute servers
- exploring credential management
- administering server logging
- monitoring a SAS environment with SAS Environment Manager
- reviewing SAS middle-tier architecture
- additional topics on SAS server maintenance
- SAS resources
- beyond this course