There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Platform Administration: Metadata Administration.
This course teaches students how to administer the SAS Metadata Server and the initial authentication process. Students learn how to secure the SAS Intelligence Platform and the content that it contains and how to identify and administer the different types of users. Students also learn to identify and establish various security techniques, secure data and other shared content, and troubleshoot metadata security.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Platform Administration for SAS 9.
Learn how to
- administer and view SAS metadata through the SAS folder structure
- use the metadata server backup facility
- register users and groups programmatically
- create and use internal accounts
- create and use metadata roles
- create and apply ACTs
- secure access to SAS data
- secure access to RDBMS data
- secure access to information maps
- secure access to OLAP data
- secure reports
- secure users and groups, servers, and ACTs
- move metadata.
Who should attend
Before attending this course, it is useful but not required to have experience with the platform for SAS Business Analytics. You can gain this experience by attending the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console, SAS Environment Manager software.
Reviewing the Platform for SAS Business Analytics
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics overview
- exploring the platform architecture
- reviewing platform administration tasks
- exploring SAS Environment Manager
Understanding Initial Authentication and Administering Users, Groups, and Roles
- exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories
- exploring SAS metadata objects
- backing up the SAS Metadata Server
- exploring initial authentication to the metadata server
- administering users and groups
- exploring internal authentication and reporting on metadata inventory
- administering roles and administrative identities
Establishing Connectivity to Data Sources
- reviewing metadata security
- exploring metadata permissions and ACTs
- customizing SAS folders
Exploring Ongoing Administration Tasks
- registering libraries and tables in metadata
- setting up data access
- updating SAS software
- finding resources for SAS administrators
- SAS resources
- beyond this course