This course explains some advanced topics for the DataFlux technology through a combination of hands-on exercises, demonstrations, and classroom discussions.
The self-study e-learning includes:
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Data Quality using DataFlux Data Management Studio.
Learn how to
develop advanced skills and techniques of working with DataFlux Data Management Studio, including
- Working with the DataFlux Expression Engine Language (EEL).
- Creating custom metrics.
- Using macro variables.
- Creating process jobs.
Who should attend
Data quality stewards
Before attending this course, you should attend DataFlux® Data Management Studio: Essentials or have equivalent knowledge.
This course addresses DataFlux Data Management Studio, DataFlux Data Management Server software.
DataFlux Expression Engine Language
- Overview of course topics.
- Introduction to course data.
Expression Node in Data Jobs
- Introduction to DataFlux Expression Engine Language (EEL).
- Data profiling using Expression Engine Language (EEL).
- Working with the Expression node.
- Working with the IF-ELSE statement.
- Working with the RETURN statement.
- Using the PUSHROW function.
- Using the grouping functionality.
Parameterization with Macros
- Reviewing custom metrics.
- Working with custom metrics in a data profile.
- Working with custom metrics in business rules.
- Working with custom metrics in a data job.
Essentials of Process Jobs
- Creating a macro file.
- Using a macro variable in a data profile.
- Using macro variables in a data job.
- Using macro variables in data monitoring.
Creating Advanced Process Jobs
- Introducing process jobs.
- Creating a process job executing two data jobs.
- Examining source bindings in a process jobs.
Tips, Tricks, and Other Topics
- Investigating conditional processing.
- Working with work tables and events.
- Investigating parallel processing using events and the Event Listen node.
- Investigating parallel processing using the Fork node.
li>Discuss how data is processed in a data job.
- Discuss job optimization.
- Discuss various tips for building and testing jobs.
- Discuss a command for deployed jobs.
- Discuss topics for promoting to production.