There is a new version of this course. Please see Statistics 2: ANOVA and Regression.
This course teaches you how to analyze continuous response data and discrete count data. Linear regression, Poisson regression, negative binomial regression, gamma regression, analysis of variance, linear regression with indicator variables, analysis of covariance, and mixed models ANOVA are presented in the course.
Learn how to
use the ODS Graphics facility and the new SG graphical procedures in SAS 9.2 to
- fit polynomial regression models using the REG procedure
- select models based on several statistics and automatic model selection methods using PROC REG
- evaluate model fit and model assumptions using the REG, GLM, GENMOD, and UNIVARIATE procedures
- fit Poisson, negative binomial, and gamma regression models using the GENMOD procedure
- perform analysis of variance using the GLM procedure
- write CONTRAST and ESTIMATE statements in PROC GLM
- fit regression models with dummy variables using PROC REG and ANCOVA models using PROC GLM
- fit models with random effects using the MIXED procedure
- create a variety of statistical graphs.
Who should attend
Data analysts and researchers with some statistical training. Students should have completed the SAS® Programming 1: Essentials
and Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
courses, or have equivalent experience.
Before attending this course, you should
- have some experience creating and managing SAS data sets, which you can gain from the SAS® Programming 1: Essentials course
- be able to fit simple and multiple linear regression models using the REG procedure
- be able to analyze a one-way analysis of variance using the GLM procedure
- understand the statistical concepts of normal distribution, sampling distributions, hypothesis testing, and estimation
- have completed a graduate-level course in regression and analysis of variance methods or the Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression course.
This course addresses SAS/ETS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/STAT software.
You benefit from this course even if SAS/GRAPH software is not installed at your location.