This course focuses on formulating and solving mathematical optimization models using the OPTMODEL procedure, from inputting data to interpreting output and generating reports. The course covers linear, integer, mixed integer, and nonlinear programming problems, with an emphasis on model formulation and construction.
Learn how to
- formulate and solve linear programming problems using the OPTMODEL procedure
- solve integer and mixed integer programming problems using the OPTMODEL procedure
- solve nonlinear programming problems using the OPTMODEL procedure.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to formulate and solve linear, integer, mixed integer, or nonlinear problems using SAS/OR software
Before attending this course, you should
- have completed an undergraduate course in operations research that includes linear programming or have recent experience using linear programming or be comfortable with matrix algebra
- be able to execute SAS programs and create SAS data sets. You can gain this experience by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses Base SAS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/OR, SAS/STAT software.