This course teaches you how to read Teradata tables in Teradata using the SAS 9.4 SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata. You learn how to connect to Teradata and to query a single Teradata table and multiple Teradata tables. You also learn efficiency techniques and options for optimizing data access performance.
Learn how to
- read Teradata tables using the LIBNAME statement and the SQL pass-through facility
- use options and efficiency techniques for optimizing data access performance
- join data using the SQL procedure and the DATA step
- publish and use SAS formats in Teradata.
Who should attend
SAS programmers who need to access data in Teradata from within SAS
Before attending this course, you should be comfortable programming in SAS and Structured Query Language (SQL). You can gain this experience from the SAS® SQL 1: Essentials course. You can gain knowledge of SAS from the SAS® Programming 1: Essentials course. A working knowledge of Teradata is helpful.
This course addresses SAS/ACCESS, Base SAS software.
Using the SQL Pass-Through Facility
- course logistics
- overview of SAS/ACCESS software
- overview of Teradata
- connecting to Teradata
Using the SAS/ACCESS LBNAME Engine
- connecting to Teradata and investigating Teradata metadata
- creating SQL pass-through queries
- using the LIBNAME statement for Teradata
- using data set options
- creating views
- combining tables
Base SAS In-Database Technology
- improving performance with the LIBNAME statement
- overview of SAS In-database technology
- using Base SAS procedures in Teradata
- using SAS formats and user-defined formats in Teradata
- Introducing Teradata Parallel Transporter Application Programming Interface
- loading data with FastLoad and MultiLoad