This course teaches you how to read Teradata tables in Teradata using the SAS 9.4 SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata. You learn how to connect to Teradata and to query a single Teradata table and multiple Teradata tables. You also learn efficiency techniques and options for optimizing data access performance.
- read Teradata tables using the LIBNAME statement and the SQL pass-through facility
- use options and efficiency techniques for optimizing data access performance
- join data using the SQL procedure and the DATA step
- publish and use SAS formats in Teradata.
A chi è rivolto
SAS programmers who need to access data in Teradata from within SAS
||7 ore/180 giorno licenza
Before attending this course, you should be comfortable programming in SAS and Structured Query Language (SQL). You can gain this experience from the SAS SQL 1: Essentials course. You can gain knowledge of SAS from the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. A working knowledge of Teradata is helpful.
This course addresses SAS/ACCESS, Base SAS software.
Using the SQL Pass-Through Facility
- course logistics
- overview of SAS/ACCESS software
- overview of Teradata
- connecting to Teradata
Using the SAS/ACCESS LBNAME Engine
- connecting to Teradata and investigating Teradata metadata
- creating SQL pass-through queries
- using the LIBNAME statement for Teradata
- using data set options
- creating views
- combining tables
Base SAS In-Database Technology
- improving performance with the LIBNAME statement
- overview of SAS In-database technology
- using Base SAS procedures in Teradata
- using SAS formats and user-defined formats in Teradata
- Introducing Teradata Parallel Transporter Application Programming Interface
- loading data with FastLoad and MultiLoad