There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Platform Administration: System Administration.
This course provides students with the essential knowledge to perform the job functions of a SAS platform administrator.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Platform Administration for SAS 9.
Learn how to
- administer and back up SAS metadata
- administer SAS Metadata Server
- administer SAS servers
- monitor, log, and troubleshoot SAS servers
- utilize SAS Environment Manager.
Who should attend
Before attending this course, it is useful but not required to have experience with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics. You can gain this experience by attending the Getting Started with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console software.
Reviewing the Platform for SAS Business Analytics
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics overview
- exploring the platform architecture
- reviewing platform administration tasks
- operating SAS servers and spawners
Managing SAS Servers and Spawners
- exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories
- exploring initial authentication to the metadata server
- exploring SAS metadata objects
- backing up the SAS platform
- implementing a SAS Metadata Server cluster
Exploring SAS Middle Tier
- understanding SAS servers
- administering server logging
- managing logins for SAS servers and third-party database servers
Exploring Ongoing Administration Tasks
- exploring SAS Environment Manager
- exploring SAS middle-tier architecture
- exploring SAS middle-tier configuration