This course focuses on data manipulation techniques using the DATA step and the SQL procedure to access, transform, join, and summarize SAS data sets. This course also focuses on using components of the SAS macro facility to make text substitutions in SAS code and write simple macro programs.
Ismerje meg hogyan...
- summarize and present data
- query and subset data
- transform character, numeric, and date variables
- combine SAS data sets, including complex joins and merges
- perform DO loop and SAS array processing
- restructure or transpose SAS data sets
- perform text substitution in SAS code
- use macro variables
- create simple macro definitions.
Elérhető képzési formák
Before attending this course, you should have at least six months of experience writing SAS programs or have completed SAS Programming 1: Essentials and used SAS for at least one month. Specifically, you should be able to do the following:
- submit a SAS program
- diagnose and correct syntax errors
- examine descriptor and data portions of a SAS data set
- access SAS data libraries
- read and create SAS data sets
- read Excel spreadsheets
- read delimited raw data files
- examine data errors when reading raw data files
- use SAS procedures to validate data
- clean invalid data
- create variables
- combine SAS data sets
- use global statements
- use labels and formats, including user-defined formats
- subset observations
- produce summary reports using the FREQ and MEANS procedures.