This course teaches you how to use the POWER and GLMPOWER procedures to compute prospective power and sample size calculations.
Learn how to
- estimate the parameters for a power analysis
- conduct a sensitivity analysis of the parameters
- perform power analyses on a two-sample t-test, a multiple regression model, a one-way ANOVA model, a two-way ANOVA model with covariates, multiple logistic regression model, and the comparison of two survival curves.
Who should attend
Those who are involved in planning research studies and designing experiments
Before attending this course, you should have taken SAS Programming 1: Essentials, Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression, and Statistics 2: ANOVA and Regression, or have equivalent experience.
This course addresses SAS/STAT software.This course also addresses Base SAS software and SAS/GRAPH software.
Power and Sample Size Analysis
Advanced Power and Sample Size Analyses
- concepts of power analysis
- two-sample t-test
- equivalence test
- noninferiority test
- confidence interval precision
- sawtooth power function in proportion analyses
- power analysis of two independent proportions
- multiple regression
- one-way ANOVA
- two-way ANOVA with covariates
- multiple logistic regression
- comparing two survival curves