There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Visual Analytics for SAS9: Using SAS Visual Data Builder.
This course teaches how to use the SAS Visual Data Builder.
Learn how to
- describe the SAS Visual Analytics architecture and technology
- explore the SAS Visual Data Builder
- create simple and advanced queries with SAS Visual Data Builder
- create calculated columns and filters using SAS Visual Data Builder
- explore advanced topics for SAS Visual Data Builder
- use the Visual Data Builder, Explorer, Designer, and Administrator clients to load data.
Who should attend
Data Administrators who need to learn how to use the SAS Visual Analytics Data Builder
No SAS experience or programming experience is required. Exposure to SAS Visual Analytics is helpful but not required. You can gain exposure to SAS Visual Analytics by attending the SAS Visual Analytics for SAS 9: Getting Started course.
This course addresses SAS Visual Analytics software.
Getting Started with SAS Visual Analytics
Examining SAS Visual Data Builder
- exploring SAS Visual Analytics concepts
- exploring SAS Visual Analytics
- exploring the SAS Visual Analytics Administrator
- discussing the course environment and scenario
Creating Queries and Importing Data
- exploring SAS Visual Data Builder
- creating simple queries
Advanced Topics for SAS Visual Data Builder
- creating calculated columns and filtering data
- importing data using SAS Visual Data Builder
- creating advanced queries
- working with in-memory tables
Using the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer and Designer to Prepare Data
- scheduling queries
- accessing user-defined formats
- building queries for a distributed deployment
- structuring data for exploring
- importing data using the explorer and designer
- creating calculated columns
- SAS Resources
- beyond this course