This course teaches the fundamentals of SAS – data access, manipulation, analysis and reporting – and has been designed to prepare learners for the SAS Certified Base Programmer exam.
Learn how to
The SAS Certified Base Programmer is responsible for analysing and presenting data to solve business needs. A base programmer should be able to
- understand file structure and write system commands to create and access files
- understand programming logic concepts (IF/THEN logic)
- understand the compilation and execution process of the DATA step
- use different kinds of input to create SAS data sets from external files
- use SAS software to access SAS data libraries
- create and use SAS date values
- read, concatenate, merge, match-merge and interleave SAS data sets
- use the data set options DROP=, KEEP= and RENAME=
- create multiple output data sets
- use array processing and DO loops to process data iteratively
- use SAS functions to perform data manipulation and transformations
Who should attend
Anyone wanting to take the SAS Certified Base Programmer Exam
Before attending this course, you should have:
- an understanding of your operating system
- some experience of programming in other languages or packages would be advantageous
- No prior SAS experience is needed.
This course addresses Base SAS software.